Khons
jmhbyeu

Are the Gifts of the bible real

Khons has forfeited round #3.

Khons

Pro

The first round is only so i can tell who I am going up against, no debating and only Christians.
jmhbyeu

Con

I hope that this will be a good debate. Before we start I want you to know I am a Mormon.
Khons

Pro

There are many things that go against each other. The thing is the gifts of the bible are real and still here. I know this because i have them, so going on, the gifts are of the Holy Spirit, each of them are something that you can see happen. There is not much evidence that shows that these are here, but they are just believe in the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12
jmhbyeu

Con

Though you say the gifts of the bible are real, How can we be sure if we do or don't have them. Many people say they have them, and many more say they have never felt it. If that is you statement, then I would say that it is invalid and that it cannot be used. Everything in your bible scripture states that some people cannot feel it, because they are "Ignorant." The scripture states that the only way to know if the gifts of the bible are real is to feel them through the holy ghost. If we cannot feel the holy ghost, then there is no way to truly feel the ways of the bibles gifts.
My argument for this is that the gifts of the bible are made up by people and completely fake.
http://www.raystedman.org...
Posted by Khons 7 months ago
Khons
I had school sorry
Posted by Khons 7 months ago
Khons
this is not for you
Posted by Zaephou 7 months ago
Zaephou
If you think prophecies are magical or godly, just look at nostradamus, he made countless predictions of the future, and people have been affiliating happenings and events to his predictions. Humans have been making predictions for years, it is no surprise that some of these predictions came true.
Posted by straightup.gong 7 months ago
straightup.gong
Pro, your debates lack fact or even simple explanations or reasons for your statements. You say "...the gifts of the bible are real and still here", yet the only reason you can provide for that statement is "...because I have them". Also, you didn't list the gifts of the bible. With me being an atheist, I'd like to be informed of that kind of stuff. You should take in consideration those who wouldn't know much about the religion. I'd suggest providing definitions or brief explanations, and citing your sources when you state facts. I understand if you're new here, but it's basic debate logic if you want to be taken seriously on this site.
Posted by Khons 7 months ago
Khons
Prophecy, tounges, deserning, ect. read 1 Corinthians 12 for more
Posted by sboss18 7 months ago
sboss18
Define "Gifts of the bible".