Blackjack22
Gizmod

Are the cost of textbooks fair?

Gizmod

Blackjack22

Con

College textbooks cost are out of control. Textbooks range from $100-$400. Majority of the time the textbooks wouldn't be used past the semester that they were purchased. Going to a college that has no meal plan, spending that extra money that could have went to food has to be spent on books. Why spend money on textbooks when there are plenty of libraries that carry the book you may be looking for, for free.
Gizmod

Pro

I accept this debate. Good luck to the both of us.
Blackjack22

Con

Blackjack22 forfeited this round.
Gizmod

Pro

Sadly, my opponent has forfeited. Now, as he used round one to state his points, I will now answer them.

1 & 2.You are right, textbooks are usually not used past a semester, but you missed the point. There are many reasons they cost so much. There isn't a tree where they take books out of, they have to buy supplies and literally make them. This costs money. In order to be able to buy more of these textbooks for more then a few students, they need to have the money. Where do they get this money? From the money you pay buying those textbooks. They don't cut corners. There is no extra money.
3. There are no college textbooks in the library. The reason for this is common sense. If you borrow a textbook from the library, you have to return it in three weeks, which is not anywhere close to a semester. Not to mention, usually in textbooks you highlight stuff, which is not approved in libraries.
Blackjack22

Con

Blackjack22 forfeited this round.
Gizmod

Pro

Obviously, as my opponent forfeited two rounds without any response to my points, I have won. Vote pro.
Posted by Gizmod 3 years ago
Gizmod
Well, Mistress, I wish I could have a mansion for free, but I can't. I can't, because you can't have supplies for a mansion pop up out of the air. There is a lot more happening then what you think, evidently.
Posted by Mistress 3 years ago
Mistress
I don't think there should ever be a cost for textbooks unless they are not part of the average curriculum.
Posted by zidzad1 3 years ago
zidzad1
ur meant to be 'con'
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Blackjack22GizmodTied