Drago31
SJM

Are the police doing their job?

SJM

Drago31

Con

The police say that they are doing everything they can to "protect and to serve". If their job is to beat the living crap out of blacks (maybe even whites), then yes, they are doing EXACTLY what they're supposed to do.

This is just screwed up! Instead of "protecting" and "serving" , they're killing and destroying, and yet, they keep making excuses to keep their badges for the rest of their evil lives!!

So anyone who is black and doesn't wanna die, dial 911 for only the most SERIOUS emergencies.
SJM

Pro

My opponent's whole argument, is that cops are suppose to serve, but these recent incidents negate all of that. This was said in the first sentence and everything said after that is just rhetoric. Now of course one incident doesn't negate the resolution, for example, one racist in senate doesn't make the senate racist. Therefore however many incidents occurred matters. Therefore my opponent would have to provide how many incidents occurring make their side of the resolution true. Also his reasoning for that number.
Drago31

Con

Dude, Police are not what you think
These "Officers of the Law" killed 102 blacks (all unarmed) in 2015, and 136 this year (a total of 238 innocent blacks in both years). Now blacks are protesting against it. And unless the police want to start another Civil War, they have to learn to shoot CRIMINALS! Not innocent blacks!
SJM

Pro

Everyone notice that my opponent has completely ignored my argument. Therefore the last argument he has posted means nothing since he still hasn't answered the question I posed last round that needs to be answered before we decide that whatever amount of incidents dictates the police are, or are not doing their job.

"Dude, Police are not what you think"

My opponent claims to know what I think, therefore posing as a mind reader.

"These "Officers of the Law" killed 102 blacks (all unarmed) in 2015"

People can still be dangerous while unarmed. People don't need to be armed in order to warrant shooting. Someone who punches a cop, is unarmed since by definition in order to be armed you need to be carrying a weapon.

"using or involving a weapon" http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Therefore my opponent's statistic altogether is meaningless considering that his 238 "innocent" may not really be innocent.
SJM

Pro

Alright well my opponent is pretty much ignoring my arguments, therefore they are extended and my opponent has failed his side of the resolution. My opponent's whole case is providing incidents of police brutality, but doesn't negate or answer my question. Because of course one incident of police brutality doesn't make all the cops police brutaliters, therefore the number matters. So my opponent failed to prove what's different from the status quo, which is that the police aren't doing their job.
Posted by KyleStevens 1 year ago
KyleStevens
They are trying to do their job. How good they manage to do it is something we don't have data for. However, many cops die each day all over the world. Is there any statistics how many of them were killed by black people ? Even if there is, this doesn't matter. The fact that you only count the black killed by cops while there are many white who've intentionally shot too, means you want to believe in cops killing black people instead of believing in the truth which is: police officers shoot when they feel threatened and there is a reason why they feel more threatened from black people. I don't know this reason but maybe someone else can share it ? It's maybe the media who bainwashes us and uses black people in movies as criminals while the real criminals are wearing ties and costumes ?
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
Nobody wins except for the chosen one which has yet to be found.
Posted by Drago31 1 year ago
Drago31
Okay, SJM, you win. i suck
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
Lol I usually answer debates at the last minute.
Posted by Drago31 1 year ago
Drago31
What's wrong SJM? Stuck?
Posted by Drago31 1 year ago
Drago31
I have cut this debate down to 3 rounds.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Cut this debate down to 3 rounds and I'll accept it.
Vote Placed by CanWeKnow 1 year ago
CanWeKnow
Drago31SJMTied
Reasons for voting decision: "they have to learn to shoot CRIMINALS! Not innocent blacks!" I fail to see how killing any number of black people, even if they are innocent, implies that the police are not doing their jobs. If anyone's not doing their job it's Con, who failed to counter any of Pro's Arguments or make any other convincing arguments other than the previous one.
Vote Placed by Bored_Debater 1 year ago
Bored_Debater
Drago31SJMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments goes to pro, con's argument of police brutality is responded with the explanation that incidents involving a police officer and a civilian where the civilian gets hurt or worse doesn't mean that the police force as a whole isn't doing their job. Pro's arguments and questions go unchallenged.