thunderlight01
ObjectivityIsAMust

Are there life out there besides aliens or there are just aliens.

ObjectivityIsAMust

thunderlight01

Pro

Because i think there just cant be aliens space what do you guys think.
ObjectivityIsAMust

Con

Although your proposition is split into two conflicting question, it does have central idea. It assumes that aliens exist.

I would argue that the first part (Are there life out there besides aliens?), even when ignoring the grammar mistakes, is not worth debating since the answer is too obvious.

Aliens are by their definition foreigners which means that there must be something to which it is alien to. Therefore, if aliens are assume to exist, there must be something else besides aliens (such as humans or animals or etc.).

The second question (there are just aliens?), however, is a clear fallacy since, again, for something to be alien there must be something to which it is alien to therefore "there can't just be aliens".

Both of my opponents propositions are undebatable.
thunderlight01

Pro

thunderlight01 forfeited this round.
ObjectivityIsAMust

Con

My opponent has not provided any argument to defend his meaningless question.

I await his response.
thunderlight01

Pro

thunderlight01 forfeited this round.
ObjectivityIsAMust

Con

My opponent has not given any response.

Therefore, I extend my arguments.
thunderlight01

Pro

thunderlight01 forfeited this round.
ObjectivityIsAMust

Con

I extend my arguments.
thunderlight01

Pro

thunderlight01 forfeited this round.
Posted by ObjectivityIsAMust 2 years ago
ObjectivityIsAMust
"Whenever you are planning to give a key word a definition, first clarify with your opponent in the comment section if they are willing to use that definition before even accepting the debate."

- The definition that I used was the broadest one. No matter how you define aliens they still remain foreign to an entity.

"The instigator may have taken a certain position on a certain topic because they go by certain definitions, though they do not state so. So, if you are going by a definition that has even the least of a possibility that the opponent does not go by, clarify before you accept. Otherwise, it turns into a waste of a debate."

- Again this is not a question of operational definition but of logic and semantics. His proposition contradicts itself from all perspectives.

I encourage my opponent to show that I am wrong by giving a definition of alien that makes his proposition debatable. If he can provide one, I will accept it.
Posted by MattDoesGML 2 years ago
MattDoesGML
I put forth my thought to people like Con: (Unless you, by your opponent, are given the privilege to give your definition of a certain word) Whenever you are planning to give a key word a definition, first clarify with your opponent in the comment section if they are willing to use that definition before even accepting the debate. The instigator may have taken a certain position on a certain topic because they go by certain definitions, though they do not state so. So, if you are going by a definition that has even the least of a possibility that the opponent does not go by, clarify before you accept. Otherwise, it turns into a waste of a debate.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
thunderlight01ObjectivityIsAMustTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture