shailesh09021984
MathandScienceprodigy

Are these points not more than enough for rash driving by the school van driver? PS ANS IF U CAN!

shailesh09021984

shailesh09021984

Pro

Are these points not more than enough for rash driving by the school van driver? PS ANS IF U CAN BUT 2 THE POINT?

1.) A school van was driving without any details and indications that it was a school transport vehicle which was required by the law of my country (India).
2.) The school van was firstly driving at a wrong lane i.e. left side from where cars come inside the area, not go outside.
3.) It was driving at a high speed in a residential area where speed limit should be maintained as per law.
4.) It was driving at a high speed even though there were norms regarding school transport vehicles to maintain speed limit in my country.
5.) It was driving at a high speed even though there was a speed breaker which was again a violation of a state laws.
6.) Even while crossing the speed breaker, it drove at a such a high speed that it splashed swamp on me and dirtied my clothes which could be avoided if it was driving slowly.
7.) I was standing next to my motorbike in the footpath where a pedestrian has the right to walk or stand.

MY TWO QUESTIONS:

1.) SO, KEEPING ALL THOSE POINTS ABOVE, DO YOU JUDGE THAT THE SCHOOL VAN DRIVER WAS DRIVING RASHLY OR NOT
2.) WAS HE WRONG OR NOT IN SPLASHING SWAMP ON ME?

PLS MENTION UR ETHNICITY, GENDER, AGE AND NATIONALITY WHEN YOU ANSWER IF U CAN SO THAT I CAN DECIDE BETTER THAT WHAT DIFFERENT PPL FRM ALL OVER THE WORLD THINK OF THIS.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO ANSWER..... PLS ANSWER ONLY TO THAT EXTENT THAT WHAT IS ASKED... I.E, ONLY THOSE 2 QUESTIONS ABOVE.
MathandScienceprodigy

Con

Questions:

1) Yes. He endangered human lives by violating state laws.
2) Morally? It was not deliberate. However, if he was not doing things against state laws, it wouldn't have happened. Therefore, it is neither. Legally? Well... That depends on your laws in India.

I am White, I am a Male, and I am 14 yrs. old.
shailesh09021984

Pro

shailesh09021984 forfeited this round.
MathandScienceprodigy

Con

MathandScienceprodigy forfeited this round.
shailesh09021984

Pro

@MathandScienceprodigy. I am sorry I forgot to post the comment and was busy with project but now I am free and I do not think you are against me in this debate. However, thanks that you agreed. It is illegal as he damaged my clothes. I am sure that it is illegal in your country. Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 says a vehicle causing that if the vehicle causes damage by driving rashly is illegal.

I would also like to ask you one thing. Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, Section 132 Clause 'C' says that a Motor Vehicle involved in a damage of any person has to stop. You can check it here at ---> www.indiankanoon.org/doc/1420872/R06;

So, would it be illegal to stop such vehicle?

I am glad that a young man can like you understood this situation unlike those idiots in my country.
MathandScienceprodigy

Con

Posted by shailesh09021984 3 years ago
shailesh09021984

I would also like to ask you one thing. Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, Section 132 Clause 'C' says that a Motor Vehicle involved in a damage of any person has to stop. You can check it here at ---> http://www.indiankanoon.org...

Posted by shailesh09021984 3 years ago
shailesh09021984
And one more thing. If we have paid taxes for the road to the government, then we have the right to stand and use the footpath. It is the government's responsibility to repair depressions in the road as we pay taxes for that.
You have proved that you are not careful for what you pay and you are ignorant about money as you do not worry about what you pay to the government as you do not ask anything in return.
Posted by shailesh09021984 3 years ago
shailesh09021984
Counter-reply to ques no. 2 for rajagopal23295:

1.) Firstly, the topic of the debate was that whether I was legally right or not. Not whether morally right or not. No law prohibits a pedestrian to stand on footpath. You say that I was wrong but law says that I am right and you cannot make or change laws without authority.

2.) Actually, I was standing because I was watering my plants near my doorstep which I had the right to do so. You mean to say that I should not have watered my plants? Who is going to water my plants then? Your father? I guess that father has volunteered to become my gardener but I need skilful people too.

3.) According to your logic, next time if you live in an area where you have been offered a bright job which can make you earn millions of rupees, but there is an insane person in your area, you will become more insane and like a fool reject a job which is offering you millions.

4.) It also proves that you are a eunuch and a coward who is afraid of running away from problems instead of solving them.

5.) If I was simply walking on the footpath and there was depression on both sides of the road filled with swamp on both sides, do you expect me to fly over the footpath instead of walking? In that case I would have become a superman and would be ruling the world by now.

6.) Next time when you stop somewhere, do make sure you never enter a building, keeping in mind the way builders use materials to build the building. Ofcourse, it was the commuters fault to use a fly-over which collapsed even though there was a legal right to travel. A small measure of not entering a building at all and living in a slum can take a lot of stress off your mind. Perhaps you like living in a slum and you are posting comments from there as living in a slum is not a stress. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ROFL-LOL!!! :D :D :D :D :D

You are nobody to teach me that where I should stand or stop and where I should not. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? YOU ARE NOBODY TO
Posted by rajagopal23295 3 years ago
rajagopal23295
Answer to Question 1. YES, of course. Rash driving is one of our biggest concerns in this country.
Answer to Question 2. Driving rashly was wrong on the driver's part, but the splashing of mud on your clothes, well, you should not have stood in a place where there was a chance of mud being splashed on you, given the fact that you know the condition of our roads, and the way vehicles are driven here. Next time, when you stop somewhere, do make sure there are no pools of muddy water nearby. A small measure can take a lot of stress off your mind.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
shailesh09021984MathandScienceprodigyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited less.