Martinezcristian2424
Ghaby

Are video games educational?

Martinezcristian2424

Pro

Video games
Ghaby

Con

I believe video games can be educational towards children but nowadays video games are just market strategies to get children to beg their parents to let them buy what looks interesting. Some might argue that video games are helping the children get stimulated and challenged, however this would also lead to addiction.
Nowadays video games are strategized for young boys, and what do a typical male adolescent like? A female with two big bossoms and violence. I believe that is not very educational and infact teaches youth that women are only sex objects which is completely false.
I am not saying all video games are like this, I do like a video game that stimulates the mind and challenges me. Unfortunately the market for that has been going down and what's popular is online games filled with violence and sending wrong messages to youth.
Recent crimes have also been inspired by violent games that I will not mention due to legal issues. It is not educational in amy form and children should play it at a minimum amount of time under parental supervision. Video games should not be banned but limited, putting age restrictions.
Educational games these days are unpopular to youth due to its lack of rebellious movements and uncaptivating storylines, it does not easily connect with youth these days and what they connect to is something we deem uneducational and unbeneficial to anyone.
It is rare that games put storylines that are educational, with only a few popular exceptions such as assasin's creed. But even that is filled with grotesque violence.
Bottom line is that I believe there are few videogames that are educational but most are not due to the market of videogames swarmed by prepubescent and young adult males who have high sex drives and taste for action.
This is what I view from my perspective. I hope we can both respect each other's opinions and we both can be in the same page. Although what I am saying is clearly a generalization I hope nobody will comment "i'm a girl and I play games" because i'm just generalizing and I dont mean it when I say all men or prepubescent males have high sex drives and have a taste for action, I am again just generalizing.
Martinezcristian2424

Pro

Video games can be helpful for many reasons. For example, some games show you what not to do like Grand Theft Auto or any games that show kids and teens what should not be done in the future. Also, when adults watch, all adults need to do is to tell them what and what not to do, using video games as an example.

But on the other hand, they can have bad use of language, achohol use, and nudity. But games can be changed to educational, appropriate games that can help with the community.
Ghaby

Con

Ghaby forfeited this round.
Martinezcristian2424

Pro

Martinezcristian2424 forfeited this round.
Ghaby

Con

Ghaby forfeited this round.
Posted by sassypup419 2 years ago
sassypup419
Video games are NOT educational. Example: What does Mario Kart teach you?
Posted by farthead 2 years ago
farthead
Of course they are education. Everything is educational in some way in that one can learn something from everything. Whether or not the information we draw from those things is worthwhile or relevant is another matter entirely.
Posted by Frank36 2 years ago
Frank36
I believe this argument is ridiculous. Saying they are is just an excuse to go play some stupid shoot em up game.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
I don't get why people are here to argue the objective benefits of video games, they are not meant to be objectively correct, they are meant to entertain. You should be arguing the potential detriments vs. the potetial happiness stimulation.

Not doing so is like arguing that relationships are pointless because there is no objective benefit.
They aren't used for one, they are done for pleasue and mental stimulation.