Budderwillalwayswin
Arcanas

Are video games good for you.

Arcanas
Started: 3/31/2015 Category: Games

Budderwillalwayswin

Pro

We see that typically in people that don't play action games, their reaction time [on tests of multitasking] lengthened by 200 milliseconds, which is something like 30 percent," Bavelier says. "But in gamers, it lengthened only by 10 percent" (Trudeau). What the stat is saying is that people how don"t play action games/any games have a slow reaction time when multitasking and that gamers have a faster reaction time to multitasking. What this means is if you play video games you do stuff faster then non gamers. What the next paragraphs are going to talk about is how gaming can help you be focused, remember things, and multitasking. Playing video games helps you be focused, remember things, and it helps you be able to multitask.
Being focused can help you with school. Ways video games help with being focused is you know what the teacher is talking about. When you start playing a game that you are addicted to, you start focusing and you don"t know but you start focusing more as though you are playing that game in real life, because you brain is so used to be focused playing that game that your brain starts to focus more when you are not playing it. When you start focusing more you can get better grades and get into a good school and get a good job. This is the way staying focused in school so if you think playing video games is bad maybe you should research before you say they are bad and they don"t help you stay focused in school" (anonymous). (I got all this information from a essay I did I will not disclose my name).
Arcanas

Con

Budderwillalwayswin

Pro

First you were supposed to type something other then I accept challenge I think that's what you are saying and second "Even though you are able to stay focused you still need to remember things. Remembering things is a essential thing to be able to find things that you lost or know who your friends and family are. The another way video games help you is that you will remember things like what homework or test or anything is coming up. When you remember things you can get better things but just because you remember more things doesn't mean you can just slack off and not study. When you remember more things you can get your work done because you know what you were learning that day. So if you want to be able to remember things playing video games for 30 minutes to an hour a day would be good but not so long that you forget to do anything" (Anonymous).
Arcanas

Con

Pro doesn't really make an argument here. He gives us a quote from some a completely random person but does no provide any evidence to prove that the information he gives is correct, and essentially does not give any arguments for why video games are good for us.

Video games harm your brain, making them terrible for your mental health.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Budderwillalwayswin

Pro

Like I said in the first round the anonymous is me there is no quote in round two. I will give link to first round quote in comments
Arcanas

Con

Pro puts quotation marks around Hsiang round two argument so it is definitely a quote...

He also fails to address my arguments. He only made bare assertions but did not offer a source or *any* evidence within the actual debate. I am the only one who has actually backed up my words in this debate and I have met my BOP.

Vote Con.
Posted by Budderwillalwayswin 2 years ago
Budderwillalwayswin
Um alot
Posted by Arcanas 2 years ago
Arcanas
I don't actually desire for you to read the terms of service. What purpose could that possibly serve me? Lol
Budderwillalwayswin
If you want me to read the TOS why are you not linking it
Posted by BarbieSoFetch 2 years ago
BarbieSoFetch
First of all, the Cons guy is making a complete hoax of the concept behind the fact that video games are good for you. My personal experience with video games is mutual. I believe video games are more good for oneself then bad. I am bipolar and have borderline personality disorder and it was really bad when I got my Xbox broken. I was pissed and so stressed out. Video games are a way of relieving stress and getting anger out. As many people know, bullying is a main element of video games (Xbox Live) and I feel like cussing at the douche bags who can't play is just a stress reliever. But video games simulate your brain. Especially games like COD, Halo, Destiny, BF, etc. I mean when I'm playing COD I get elated and it's a highlight of my day. Plus the game corresponds with strategy and skill. Even watching YT on COD is enjoyable. Now, the cons are; emotional distress, lack of sleep, etc. I personally have issues with sleeping at time and getting my HW done on time because of video games. For me they are addictive. I'm not saying I don't have a life, but there are nights where I go through manic phases and play video games all night. To me it's worth it, I get my HW done and everything. Although I go to bed at 4-5 in the morning, I enjoy doing it. Even if it means me being miserable the next day. So, video games are both good and bad for oneself. It really depends on ones' mentality.
Posted by Arcanas 2 years ago
Arcanas
Again, it doesn't count for the actual debate... You can do it but voters will essentially ignore that evidence and only pay attention to arguments made in the debate when considering who to vote for.
Budderwillalwayswin
I did it anyway and many people have done it.
Posted by Arcanas 2 years ago
Arcanas
He's saying that whatever you post in the comments section is irrelevant to the debate. Read the TOS, it confirms this.
Budderwillalwayswin
kingkd so you are saying I can't post in comments for arcanas can if that is true then I don't care what you say and I did it anyway
Budderwillalwayswin
Edd. "Ailurophobia - Elurophobia, Felinophobia, Galeophobia, Gatophobia, Fear of Cats, Cat Phobia, Cat Fear." Ailurophobia - Elurophobia, Felinophobia, Galeophobia, Gatophobia, Fear of Cats, Cat Phobia, Cat Fear. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2015. <http://common-phobias.com...;.
Radwan, M.Farouk. "The Ultimate Source for Understanding Yourself and Others." Fear of Cats Ailurophobia Causes and Cures. 2KnowMyself, 3 Sept. 2015. Web. 09 Mar. 2015. <http://www.2knowmyself.com...;.
These are all my sources
Posted by Arcanas 2 years ago
Arcanas
His*
Vote Placed by kingkd 2 years ago
kingkd
BudderwillalwayswinArcanasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had a source Pro didn't. Pro cannot add anything in comments read TOS