AAWalker
ice_blaze

Are we DE-evolving?

ice_blaze has forfeited round #2.

AAWalker

Pro

Everyday, almost everyone uses slang or other forms of abbreviation. We have gone from Cave art, to letters, to phrases, to sentences. Now we are going from sentences, to slang, and now emojis, and other abbreviations. We are DE-evolving!

Just curious to see other points of view.
ice_blaze

Con

I don't really think that this is de-evolving. First of all, just because we are using sentences to slang doesn't mean that we are de-evolving. This is wrong, and false for a matter. We are evolving in many other things, and it just seems like my opponent doesn't even know what evolving means. Not all of us use slang, like you. Abbreviations are a smart way to be less lazy. I think that humans are evolving, and that we are not disevolving.
AAWalker

Pro

Again, I am just posting opinion here, but I did not want to ACTUALLY have a debate, just wanted to get other opinions. Thank you to my opponent for letting their voice be heard.

I am doing a personal study. I am trying to see how someone would react to hearing this way of looking at the situation at hand. I agree with your opinion, and I thank you.
Posted by WereWrath 2 months ago
WereWrath
I Definitely Understand The Point Where Your Coming From I Think You Mean To Support The Possible Outcome Of American And Also The World Itself Becoming So Efficient That It Barely Needs To Do Much Work I Wouldn't Say Thats De-Evolving But I Can Agree In A Sense We Can Advance So Much That Humans Become Lazy And Dependent On Technology Which Can Lead To Sloth Like People With No Worries, And No Sense Of Urgency Since Technology Will Handle Most Things Which Is in That Sense De Evolving Only If We Become Lazy With The New Tech.
Posted by Zaephou 4 months ago
Zaephou
post this in the opinions section
Posted by TheBenC 4 months ago
TheBenC
This would be better framed as a debate about speech, not the species as a whole.
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
Only evolution kan happen. Never the opposit. But evolution might look like "de-evolving"...From the not evolved perspective...You can only know what evolution is "back in time"..Not in the future. if you could know about human evolution in the future. it would not be evolution.
Posted by vi_spex 4 months ago
vi_spex
if islam takes over.. consider yourself extinct