Are we DE-evolving?

ice_blaze has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Everyday, almost everyone uses slang or other forms of abbreviation. We have gone from Cave art, to letters, to phrases, to sentences. Now we are going from sentences, to slang, and now emojis, and other abbreviations. We are DE-evolving!

Just curious to see other points of view.

I don't really think that this is de-evolving. First of all, just because we are using sentences to slang doesn't mean that we are de-evolving. This is wrong, and false for a matter. We are evolving in many other things, and it just seems like my opponent doesn't even know what evolving means. Not all of us use slang, like you. Abbreviations are a smart way to be less lazy. I think that humans are evolving, and that we are not disevolving.

Again, I am just posting opinion here, but I did not want to ACTUALLY have a debate, just wanted to get other opinions. Thank you to my opponent for letting their voice be heard.

I am doing a personal study. I am trying to see how someone would react to hearing this way of looking at the situation at hand. I agree with your opinion, and I thank you.
Posted by Zaephou 3 weeks ago
post this in the opinions section
Posted by TheBenC 3 weeks ago
This would be better framed as a debate about speech, not the species as a whole.
Posted by canis 3 weeks ago
Only evolution kan happen. Never the opposit. But evolution might look like "de-evolving"...From the not evolved perspective...You can only know what evolution is "back in time"..Not in the future. if you could know about human evolution in the future. it would not be evolution.
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
if islam takes over.. consider yourself extinct