LiberalProlifer
ingraye

Are we all one human race?

ingraye

LiberalProlifer

Pro

The first round is for acceptance.
ingraye

Con

LiberalProlifer

Pro

Thank you. Let's start with the Bible. Genesis 3 shows that Adam and Eve were our common anscestors. We all come from them. Acts 7:26 says that "God hath made from one blood all the nations of men who dwell upon the earth". That means we are all one human race genetically. Let's look at science. Studies of the human genone suggest that we all have a common anscestor. What does this mean? Laws should change to reflect this fact.
ingraye

Con

There are many physical differences between the races. Some of the more obvious of these include skin color, hair type, and bone structure. These physical differences support the idea that we are not all one human race because they show some of the arguably most important differences between us. While we may be similar, we are all biologically different. This is especially apparent between different races of humans, as each race has biological differences from another.

My opponent has quoted the Bible, which they state Acts 17:26 ""God hath made from one blood all the nations of men who dwell upon the earth". My opponent states "That means we are all one human race genetically.". I disagree. The verse means that God created one common ancestor which the rest of humanity is derived from. Having a common ancestor does not mean that we are all the same genetically now. There were thousands of years for genes to evolve and mutate in different groups of people.
LiberalProlifer

Pro

Genetically, we are all one human race, and you have failed to address my claim. It is the human race, not the human races.
ingraye

Con

I have not failed to address your claim. I was highlighting the differences in the races, which could be considered sub-groups of humans. By doing this, I demonstrated that there are differences between these human sub-groups, and the differences are a result of genes. Thus, these groups of humans are genetically different from each other. Thus, we are not genetically all one human race, as there are genetically different groups of humans.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, as I originally had a much longer argument typed out for the second round, but after realizing that I could only use 1000 characters, I had to cut it severely short.
Vote Placed by Leaning 5 months ago
Leaning
LiberalProliferingrayeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Agree before: We have different races, are one species. Admittedly people disagree on what term race means sometimes. Agree after: See above. Conduct: Both showed equal conduct to the other opponent by not insulting the other. Spelling and Grammar: Both used the aforementioned well enough as to not disturb the understanding of their arguments. Convincing arguments: Con identified a common beginnings for mankind and explained how they developed into slightly different subgroups genetically. Pro identified humans genetic similarity but failed to explain why this should make us One race. Sources: Pro referred to the Bible and the Science, but the Bible is not universally recognized as a credible source. Pro also failed to link science page explaining science. Con did not speak of any sources.