Mclachlan
Shrek_sDrecKid

Are wind turbines bad?

Started: 11/11/2014 Category: Economics

Mclachlan

Pro

I think wind turbines are bad, especially in Ontario. The Ontario province looses $ 1.2 billion a year thanks to the wind turbines. They do loose more, but the 1.2 billion dollars is just from the turbines alone. The turbines are powered up from hydro ( not environmentally friendly) and coal plants. The cost of wind power will add 110,000,000,000 dollars to taxpayers hydro bills. There is also oil in them ( is that environmentally friendly?) Don`t complain about the oil sands or pipelines when you got oil in cars, turbines and solar panels.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Con

I accept the challenge and will be debating with you on the effects of wind turbines. The first round will be of acceptance, stance, thesis, and introduction - the rest of the rounds will be for debating and rebuttals only. Therefore, one will follow these rules and will only state the introduction of arguments. Before the debate officially begins, I will be stating your mistakes to prevent opponent for losing points from voters and to improve overall debating experience. Opponent has made the following mistakes in the first round by:

-Stating to be pro when opponent should be con as they are against wind turbines.
-Topic/name of debate being too vague and not taking a stance.
-Making several spelling/grammar errors with basic words used by children.
-Lacking evidence for claims of proof to strengthen arguments.
-No logic or evidence of how they got said financial calculations.

I will be for the concept of wind turbines, and am pro as a result. Since opponent has taken pro but is realistically con as they are against the idea of using wind turbines, they are con. For the sake of convenience, both myself and opponent will be changing sides in the next consecutive rounds. When addressing one another, opponent will state themselves as con and me as pro, and as I will vice versa. I agree that wind turbines should be used by the Ontario government because it is environmentally friendly, reduces financial costs, and promotes all to think green and reduce/eliminate the usage of non-renewable resources. Good luck to both myself and the opponent in the next few rounds of this debate.
Mclachlan

Pro

Con
1. There is 8 layers of concrete for each turbine. the access road and the turbine take up 3 acres of farmland that is forever lost due to concrete never being able to be removed. There is 6,736 turbines so far in Ontario, so do your math. If it is so environmentally good, how come birds are getting slaughtered and farms are being lost?

2. More and more people are saying they are bad.
To date, more and more doctors and economists are saying they are bad. Why? because there is more evidence that they are worse than what they seem. Once you have a turbine on your property, you will feel side effects. YOU might not feel it directly, but your BODY will. your body is more sensitive than what you really think. It can pick up noises and it can disturb your brain. This is why more people are getting sick from them- they are sleep deprived from them, heart disease, tinnitus, vertigo,panic attacks and migraines. This study was done by an American doctor. The reason why the government says they are good and there is no side effects at all is because they want to lie, to earn money off the backs of tax payers, to cover up all the mistakes they have made. If you think people are just mest up or its all in their heads, you are not just rude, you are oblivious to life in the country.

3. Their is oil in them!!!
Don`t say.. oh the tar sands are bad!! Well guess what?! Turbines do to and so does solar panels! Oil isn't environmentally friendly, then why do people have cars. people complain of climate change, then they shouldn't get turbines to begin with! Turbines release a lot of carbon dioxide because they are backed up on coal, hydro and government subsidies! So before you say anything about the federal government being in the wrong, you should stop supporting the provincial government,.... for they are lying to your face!
Shrek_sDrecKid

Con

Shrek_sDrecKid forfeited this round.
Mclachlan

Pro

1.Property Devaluement:

The value of houses within 1.2 miles of wind projects are slashed up to 11%. Let`s say you have an accident on your farm, like a tree went through your roof, or your your house is damaged. The banks won`t insure you if you have a wind turbine on it because having a turbine is just too costly to maintain. Next era, the wind turbine company, owns your house for at least 20 years... so even if you want to take the turbine down.. the company has a final say.

2. Wind turbines are not helping

the wind turbines are not helping us because they are releasing carbon dioxide. They are backed up on coal plants, hydro and government subsidies. Each day, more bats and birds get slaughtered because of the size of the blades. the average turbine is from 299-500 meters: approximately the size of a Cessna plane,. We are paying for this: 110 000 000 000 billion dollars are wasted because of this project. Let me make this clear: They do not make any economic sense nor do they help the environment.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Con

Shrek_sDrecKid forfeited this round.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
You win; I do not feel like debating...
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
I am sorry, I was busy on the weekend, and I will be busy this week...How about we debate on this next week?
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
I do not really feel like debating with you...