Navagator29
Brian123456

Are women annoying hypocrites when it comes to feminism

Brian123456

Navagator29

Pro

I am so sick and tired of women and their double standard bull crap. They claim they want everything to be equal when in all actuality they want the world to be easier for them at the expense of everyone around them. They claim they want to be treated equal yet they constantly fight for the ability to get rights men don't have. They claim that men don't take their problems seriously yet commonly make jokes about the problems normal men have to deal with. I can go into more detail but I'll do that after I've had someone to debate. Please explain this to me because I'm so annoyed.
Brian123456

Con

Hello Pro, I am your Contender and today I would like to argue and oppose your topic.

To start off, I believe women are not annoying hypocrites when it comes to feminism because one, feminism is definition means:" the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men" Now this is the true definition of a feminism and according to the definition, Pro's first point does not correspond well with the actual definition, so may I ask pro to provide an examples of how or why women are annoying hypocrites when it comes to feminism.
Navagator29

Pro

In regards to the feminist argument I was not using the text book definition I was using it to refer to those feminist who claim that they fight for women to be equal to men. Of course not all women are annoying hypocrites, which should go without saying. But regardless, one my biggest driving points is the Domestic Violence laws in America. Do you know that in a lot of states men can be taking and detained based on an accusation! All the women has to do is say he did something and he's forced to either leave or be taken into custody. I don't see these women fighting for this to be changed so that men and women are on even levels. I worked for years as a DCF officer and saw first hand how the legal system treats men. They treat them like their disposable. In all the custody battles I was involved in almost 2 years unless the woman had basically given up, the father never won. 1 in 6 cases of custody according to the US Census goes to the mother. I don't see women trying to equal that ground. The funniest statistic is women are more likely not to even get charged with child support in the event that they don't win. No peep about evening that up. It's all because our society has so brainwashed men that a women can never be a dead beat no matter what the circumstance unless a man is to blame. It's amazing. What about women getting almost 2 and half years less for committing the same crime as men. According to the United States Census Bureau women receive prison sentences that average a little over 2 years less than those awarded to men. Even after controlling for circumstances such as the severity of the offense and past criminal history, women receive more lenient sentences. Approximately 9.5 months of the female advantage cannot be explained by gender differences in individual circumstances. In other words if women faced the same sentencing structure as men, women would on average receive 15.4 months less prison time than men rather than 24.9 months less prison time. Most of the gender gap arises from convictions via guilty pleas, which account for the vast majority of the convictions observed in our data. Besides gender, we find evidence that judges took into account factors such as family circumstances which are expressly prohibited from consideration when awarding sentences but I don't' hear a peep about making this equal yet I can't turn on the tv without hearing women screaming about men making more money for the same job. To me I defined that as hypocritical in every sense of the word.
Brian123456

Con

Well first of all, I find it quite unfair how pro has changed drastically from his last post, specifically his change from "women are" to "some women are" therefore there is no argument to be proceeded because that was one of my main points. In other words pro basically took my side of my argument or just looked at the comment and finally realized this argument was pointless.
Navagator29

Pro

Navagator29 forfeited this round.
Brian123456

Con

Brian123456 forfeited this round.
Posted by Emilirose 2 years ago
Emilirose
A debate only based on opinion doesn't exactly make a good one.*some* women may be hypocrites when it comes to feminism, but this by no means accounts for all.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
Navagator29Brian123456Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro started with the universal claim, but tried to back off in his second round to merely "some". That's essentially a concession, as far as I'm concerned--He needed to make at least a GENERAL case, if not a universal one, and he did not do so. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.