jacquie_xoxo
halseyjordy

Are you a real makeup fan if you don't own the "essentials"?

Started: 6/22/2016 Category: Arts

jacquie_xoxo

Con

How can you be an actaul proper fan of makeup if you don't even own or use the essentials ( foundation, concealer, powder, primer etc.) they hold makeup together!
halseyjordy

Pro

Hello debate.org users. I'm here to tell you how you can still be a make up fan without using the essentials.
My first point is that people may not believe they want or need it.
Some people might not want to make their skin look airbrushed or their eyeshadow to look vibrant. They may want a natural look, or prefer to just wear a certain product. Lipsticks can make your face automatically look nice as it brightens the lips. People may not want to add anything else as it may not match or may make them look 'plastic'. I prefer to wear lipsticks by them self, as they make my lips look beautiful. I don't wear concealer or foundation as I don't have the worst skin in the world, and feel fine just with a lipstick or gloss. I'm fine for people who have break outs, acne or scars to wear what they want, but not everyone needs to wear it. Some people may just wear eyeshadow as it makes their eyes stand out. Just because people don't wear the 'essentials' doesn't mean they aren't a makeup fan.
jacquie_xoxo

Con

As you have said wearing just what you consider as the "non -essentials" can look nice but that is not my point, people like you claim to be a complete full fan of makeup when you don't even own nor use the most simple and probably common products of makeup. I personally know I am not a complete fan for the reasons such as these and I have accepted that makeup is something I enjoy using and learning to do. I believe to be a complete fan of makeup basically you have to use, own or at least credit pretty much everything.
halseyjordy

Pro

My point is some people just don't want foundation or concealer. Why would people own concealer or foundation and not wear it? Some people just don't want it.
Now, lets define a "true makeup fan".
A true makeup fan doesn't need anything. Maybe a make up artist? But not someone who uses makeup for fun or to look nice.
Why do people wear makeup? Not to impress people, for THEMSELVES. So THEY can choose what they want to wear. People can do what they want, and also can call themselves a "makeup fan" even if they don't own everything.
jacquie_xoxo

Con

jacquie_xoxo forfeited this round.
halseyjordy

Pro

halseyjordy forfeited this round.
Posted by kyliegrammer110 11 months ago
kyliegrammer110
hi, i believe that people can where what they want ! XD