Southpawsoccer13
Wylted

Are you for Pop/Rap?

Wylted
Started: 6/13/2016 Category: Music

Southpawsoccer13

Con

I will wait for an opponent.
Wylted

Pro

I'll take pop
Southpawsoccer13

Con

(Thank you for accepting my challenge. I will say that this is just for fun and there is no need to be too serious.)

I am against Pop/Rap. I am against Pop/Rap because;
1. Most of Today's Pop/Rap is inappropriate for young ears. (Ex. Addicted To My Ex, Blurred Lines, Any Nicki Minaj Songs)
2. What are we teaching our kids? Most of the modern Pop songs talk about Drugs, Partying, Sex, and Weed.
3. There is no creativity, a lot of songs Today sound the same.
4. Singers now need auto tune because they can't sing.
5. The Songs are played way to much
6. There is no passion.
7. A lot of songs these day discriminate Women.

And Now For Pro
Wylted

Pro

1.Rap music unifies people from different ethnicities and cultures, and teaches them about the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. It is good for the youth to be aware of an educated on political and social issues, that way they can work at effecting positive change.

2. Many rappers provide hope for people n desperate situations, whether it be Eminem rapping about finally not having to live around black people and giving encouragement to other white kids in the ghetto or that one dude who raps about starting out at the bottom but now he is at the top. Other rap songs give positive encouragement about not giving up, working hard and not accepting less than you deserve.

3. Rap music brings social awareness about violence in urban communities. According to one article: "Through education and understanding, rap music has spurred social awareness in communities around the country. Rap music has served as a tool to speak out against negative aspects of life such as violence and guns. Many artists use their musical talents to promote peace and anti-violent acts. By communicating messages about violence and discrimination, and relating to youth people, it provides an opportunity for them to make positive changes in their own life. Rappers such as the late Tupac Shakur were often criticized for their lyrics, which painted a bleak picture of urban America. While such lyrics were perhaps partially intended to shock consumers, they also brought awareness to the country's social problems, particularly those in the inner city. Issues such as violence, drug addiction and poverty are all common themes in rap music. When someone listens to the genre, he may be doing so for entertainment, but he won't be able to avoid hearing about these issues and giving thought to them." http://impactofrapmusiconyouths.weebly.com...

4. Rap is also being used to affect positive change in some communities. In the same article: "Rap and hip hop is being used within the social work field as a form of therapy. Hip-Hop Therapy uses hip hop culture and music to engage youth and address their issues in therapy. The goal is to get youth patients to reflect on their past experiences by connecting with hip hop lyrics.

Recently grassroots organizations have sprung up in the United States that aim to use hip hop and rap to decrease youth violence. In Tucson, Arizona, Usiel Barrios has created ELEMENTary Hip Hop Skool, which aims to use hip hop to get young people involved in community building. This program aims to empower young people with leadership skills, encourage positive self expression, and promote community involvement – through hip hop.

Another grassroots organization that has been created in recent years is, Project Spitfire. This organization was founded by Henry Mann and aims to pair young musicians with professional producers who help them record songs and videos. Spitfire also provides artists with a $100 signing bonus, photo shoots, and publicity. Spitfire aims to sign young artists who speak of change and alternatives. Their goal is to sign artists who can teach the youth that there are alternatives to gangs and violence. Mann wants to give young rappers an avenue to tell their stories and past lived experiences in hope that it will instill change in the youth culture."

5. Rap has always been about fighting the power. The establishment. As an anti establishmentarian myself I find this highly motivating. The power structure only works to help the richest Americans while exploiting the working class, and rap helps unite the working class against their oppressors.
Southpawsoccer13

Con

Southpawsoccer13 forfeited this round.
Wylted

Pro

Nope, it is entirely appropriate for the reasons I mentioned.

Maybe to enjoy life, now that we are in an era where people don't have to slave away just to survive at 10 years old. drugs sex and partying make life more enjoyable and thus better.

Maybe to an unrefined pallette, but to me Insane clown posse sounds different than Drake

SIngers need guitars now, because they can't beat box like rappers.

5. The Songs are played way to much

Because they are awesome

6. There is no passion.

Then why do 9 out of 10 rioters listen to rap?

Women need to be put in their place.
Posted by JimShady 7 months ago
JimShady
H ha, Wylted's answer to question 7....
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Yep, going to make it work
Posted by Southpawsoccer13 1 year ago
Southpawsoccer13
Lol, still want to take me on?
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Crap, I thought this was pop vs rap, lol.
Vote Placed by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
Southpawsoccer13WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited