meair
Dr.Intellegent

Are you for or against corporal punishment in schools? Why or why not?

meair

Con

Hello. I'm a senior in high school in Japan. In my text book there's a chapter about corporal punishment in American public schools. It said that it is still used in some school. I was really surprised that paddling is a one of the hot topic in Japan. Being strictly prohibited in Japan, it will becomes a news on TV and news paper when the teacher arrested by using paddling. I'm against corporal punishment because teachers cannot see students fairly and also I don't think they can use it in right time and place.
What do you think about? In addition, I would like to know your place's current situation of this subject.
Dr.Intellegent

Pro

If you go to school and know this will happen there should not be an argument
meair

Con

meair forfeited this round.
Dr.Intellegent

Pro

Many kids are not disciplined at home. So, in school if kids behave bad they should be put forth punishment only if parents are not doing anything about the behavior, the be behavior does not change parents should be notified before their child is enrolled and again before the school takes it into its own hands.
meair

Con

meair forfeited this round.
Dr.Intellegent

Pro

Dr.Intellegent forfeited this round.
Posted by Dr.Intellegent 3 years ago
Dr.Intellegent
I hate it when no one votes
Posted by amay 3 years ago
amay
I would love to debate this with you, except that I can't cause I agree with you. Bugger.