Are youth today to apathetic and nacisstic to make a difference in the world?

My position stands as, youth today are to apathetic and narcissistic to make a difference in the world, my three points are: War, Environment and technology.

I would like to first ask which side are you on? Explain your stand point in this. Do you think that we, the people of my generation cannot make a difference? Or are you the other way around?

I am saying that the millennial age today is to apathetic and narcissistic to make a difference in the world. Take the second world war for example youth did not have time to be apathetic and narcissistic they had to fight for their country, which is not self centered and apathetic. Technology is making it to easy on our youth today, it is allowing them to do less and less, technology to do more. It may just be technology evolving but I strongly believe that it is getting to the point where technology is getting to easy for youth, allowing them not to learn as well with technology doing everything for them. Inventing, back then it was a long shot for the TV to be inventing but they did it, now it is a long shot for a hologram but can the millennials do it?

I personally fined this topic very interesting, seeing as that i am a 14 year old "youth of today". I have been wondering and asking myself this same question as well, were does the technology end? Where does the getting easy stop? I personally think that Technology, although making life easy, is making life better. I run every day, though i dont go outside to do it. Me and my family have a treadmill which i use everyday for a hour. We also have computers, so instead of taking hours in order to hand write a simple chapter of a book, I can do it in about 5 minutes, thanks to modern computers. Just think, farmers use tractors now, they make life SO much easier. They don't have to work in the fields all day, instead they can simply get int there tractor and spend a few hours farming there crops. Yes, technology makes life easy, but is easy a bad thing? You might argue that kids are getting fat because of technology, this is wrong. Kids spend hours on video games, and i do the same thing, i admit it. Does that mean i am fat? No. In time we will be able to play games like battlefield (my least favorite game) and league of legends while doing other things. Yes yes of course they can just lay down on the couch and play games all day long, but that is not technologies fault, that is there fault. For me, little fact, i have made it so that my computer can only be used by standing on my treadmill. This way i can play games and run at the same time.

I look forward to your next argument. See you next round

Dynasticbboy forfeited this round.

Orion12 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheSquirrel 3 years ago
"What is to be done about ignorance and apathy?"
"I don't know and I don't care."
Posted by Belac 3 years ago
First of all, that's stereotypical and not a good way to start a debate without points and proof to back up your view.
Also, in general, children are becoming far more open-minded than they were a few years ago and are most likely going to continue to improve the society in which we currently live in.

In terms of technology the youth have a massive advantage in that they were brought up knowing about technology and so therefore it is almost second-nature to many.

Now that most people have realised the environment is being damaged, the youth will be far more concerned and will hopefully develop better ways to sustain the eco-system's efficiency.

The military for wars is slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past, and that it will be used for more useful and moral things, such as helping society and protecting the public. Unfortunately nobody can predict what will happen, and there will always be greedy idiots wanting to harm another country.