Jifpop09
joepbr

Argentina benefits more from its alliance with the US, than a hypothetical one with Brazil

Jifpop09

Pro

Welcome Friends of DDO! I'll be challenging political science student, Joepbr, all the way from Brazil. The topic we will be arguing, is that Argentina's MNNA alliance with the US, is more beneficial then a hypothetical alliance with Brazil. My opponent will argue that Argentina would do much better allied with Brazil.

The context of the debate, allows Argentina to only be allied with one of the two. RFD's can have a one comment extension. Round structure is as follows....

(1) Acceptance

(2) Opening Arguments

(3) Rebuttals
joepbr

Con

Thanks Jifpop for presenting this debate.

My intention is to argue that, if facing a situation that forced to choose between remain an allied of the United States, or making an alliance with Brazil, Argentina best option would be an alliance with Brazil.

I'd like to notice that this is a hypothetical situation that doesn't allow neutrality as a choice, so there is a shared BoP: both Pro and I have to prove the merits of the alliance we are defending.
Jifpop09

Pro

I must forfeit this round. Joepbr may extend the BOP waiting time at my consent.
joepbr

Con

I was going to extend the BoP waiting time as requested by my opponent, but unfortunately, he was banned, and therefore probably won't be coming back in the last round. This is a shame, not only because this debate will be wasted, but especially because Jifpop09 seemed to be quite an interesting member of this site.

Anyway, I'm still interested in debating this or any other related topic, so if anyone reading this would like to engage in a similar debate (or even a different one) just send me a PM and we'll set up the terms.
Jifpop09

Pro

Jifpop09 forfeited this round.
joepbr

Con

Unfortunately, Jifpop's account is still closed, so I ask the voters to ignore this debate.
Posted by wrichcirw 2 years ago
wrichcirw
Hmmm...when I saw the title of this debate, I was looking forward to reading it, but alas, that won't happen apparently.