SeventhProfessor
jvava

Argument in Round 1

SeventhProfessor

Pro

Topic: From a fundamentalist Christian point of view, it makes sense to say that God created Hurricane Sandy to ensure that Jersey Shore would not come back.

First round for acceptance only.
jvava

Con

Hello. I am glad to be debating with you.

I have not debated anything about religion. I am looking forward to it . And I just want to make sure of something - are you talking about the God of Christianity or some other religion?

Looking forward to a good - but controversial - debate. May the voters decide who ultimately wins.
SeventhProfessor

Pro

I am referring to the God in which fundamentalist Christians believe, although personality-wise, this is not necessarily the God all Christians believe in.

My main argument shall be of example. Many fundamentalist Christians believe the New York/ New Jersey area a sinful place. According to fundamentalist Christians, the entire world was once considered a sinful place. God's reaction was to flood the entire world, killing everyone. It only makes sense that he attack again, but in an isolated area of sin. As a hint of why the storm happened, he destroyed the most sinful place on television: the Jersey Shore house. I rest my case and look forward to my opponent's rebuttal.

(Please keep in mind that we are both arguing as if we are fundamentalist Christians.)
jvava

Con

I am sorry to do this, but I concede this debate.

I did not realize that we had to argue as if we were fundamentalist Christians. And since I am not clear as to what they beleive, and all I see suggests that you are correct, I must concede.

I am sorry.

SeventhProfessor

Pro

It's OK, this all started as kind of a joke, and I just tried my best to make a serious theory out of it.
jvava

Con

Thank you for understanding! :)