Freshiequest
mikehughes8

Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea is Better than Arizona Lemon Iced Tea

Freshiequest

Freshiequest

Pro

Imagine it's 100 degrees outside and you have the choice between only two beverages, Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea or Arizona Lemon Iced Tea. Which would you choose? I know what I would choose, the Raspberry. Why you ask? Because raspberry iced tea is WAY better than lemon iced tea. Now you're probably asking where my proof comes from. How can this person make these assumptions without any real proof.

Well, here's your answer. The proof is in the sales. Have you ever taken the time to look at the iced tea display at your local mini mart or grocery store? The raspberry iced tea always has a bigger stock area and is always almost sold out (or sold out in some cases). This isn't because lemon iced tea is restocked faster, either. All restocking is done at the same time in order to ensure full shelves so that's a non issue.

Further proof can be found by visiting the my local mini mart. Within a week of being restocked, the raspberry iced tea is sold out while the lemon iced tea still sits on the shelves. Coincidence? I think not. Raspberry iced tea is better than lemon iced tea. Plain and simple.
mikehughes8

Con

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this debate.

My opponent makes the claim that raspberry ice tea is better than lemon ice tea. His argument is based on the premise that raspberry ice tea is in higher demand at his local market and therefore must taste better.

First of all, my opponents sampling is to small. To make this claim my opponent must produce more data from a larger number of samples from various geographical areas. He has only produced one sample and that is from his local market. Besides, how do I know whether or not he is buying all the raspberry ice tea just to skew the results for debating ammunition.

Secondly, even if raspberry ice tea taste "better" does that actually make it "better". Geopolitical ramifications resulting from the purchase of raspberries need to be considered. Russia produces raspberries and exports them to Eastern Europe. Thus the purchasing of raspberries may increase Russia's GDP ultimately helping to fund an overly aggressive totalitarian regime and their war machine. I think the Georgians prefer lemon ice tea. :)

Many more samples must be gathered from various geographical areas to produce evidence of any statistical significance. Besides, what's to stop him from buying all the raspberry ice tea

However, my opponent hasn't clearly defined the argument thus this debate it isn't limited to the question of the beverages taste which is purely subjective. Besides, demand for different beverages may vary geographically. My opponent only describes his local market thus provides no
Freshiequest

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate challenge.

Unfortunately, you failed to read my first argument thoroughly enough. I use only my local mini mart as evidence for this debate. My exact words were, "Have you ever taken the time to look at the iced tea display at your local mini mart or grocery store? The raspberry iced tea always has a bigger stock area and is always almost sold out (or sold out in some cases)". I then used my local mini mart as further proof of this.

My sampling in this case ranges from California to Washington in at least 20 different Safeway's and Albertson's (the biggest chain grocery stores in the area) and 30 different mini marts and gas stations. This sampling was done as I traveled to each of these different locations (I travel a lot) and each time I only purchased one 42 ounce bottle of raspberry iced tea if I purchased any at all.

Geopolitical ramifications ultimately should not be considered in this debate unless we look at both sides of the argument. The argument of course being, "Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea is Better than Arizona Lemon Iced Tea". First of all, only 24% of the worlds raspberries come from Russia. 13% of the total raspberries come from the US and these are the raspberries that Arizona Co. uses in their iced tea. (Source: www.uga.edu/fruit/rubus.html)

Now lets take a look at lemon production, "Among the world's leading lemon growers and exporters are Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Lebanon, South Africa and Australia." Do you see the United States on this list of lemon production? I think not. Therefore the geopolitical ramifications of lemon production are MUCH greater than those of raspberry production. This affirms my argument original argument. (Source: http://www.hort.purdue.edu...)

As it can plainly be seen, Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea is better than Arizona Lemon Iced Tea.

Thank you for taking this debate. I enjoyed in immensely.
mikehughes8

Con

Interesting arguments. You state the following:
I first must ask, do you have a job? Do you go to school? Do the personnel at these grocery stores wonder why some guy off the street is asking about their raspberry and lemon iced tea inventories and restocking procedures? Why would they bother to give that information?
Anyway, today I polled one million people. I asked them (each personnally) whether or not they prefer raspberry or lemon iced tea. 600,000 of them preferred lemon iced tea, 100,000 preferred the raspberry iced tea, and 300,000 of those polled don't drink iced tea or were undecided. I know, I was just as amazed that the numbers worked out so nicely.
I also called Vladimir Putin today and asked him about the role of raspberries in his decision to invade and then occupy the country of Georgia. I was surprised by his answer. I will paraphrase.
Apparently the Georgians stole 5 tons of Russian raspberries. The Russians were angered by this and decided to invade Georgia to recover these raspberries. There are still five missing. The Russians will not leave until they are recovered.
The geopolitical ramifications remain ever present.

Thank you
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
lol @ CON's closing arguments.
Posted by mikehughes8 8 years ago
mikehughes8
oops....didn't erase the bottom portion...disregard it
Posted by mikehughes8 8 years ago
mikehughes8
maybe I'll take the con...just for fun
Posted by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
Who the hell drinks unsweetened ice tea?
Posted by Freshiequest 8 years ago
Freshiequest
Do you need to objectively debate every topic? Can't we just have fun with debate sometimes?
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
And what's more, how do you objectively debate such a topic?!
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
I don't agree with you, and I don't disagree with you. Who the hell cares about flavors of ice tea?!
Posted by Freshiequest 8 years ago
Freshiequest
I take it you agree with me then PoeJoe?
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
This debate could quite possibly be the first debate to expire!
Vote Placed by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
Freshiequestmikehughes8Tied
Vote Placed by burningpuppies101 8 years ago
burningpuppies101
Freshiequestmikehughes8Tied