Sheldor
Badtothebone

Arrogant people don't believe in God.

Sheldor

Sheldor

Con

I will be arguing against the statement that only arrogant people believe in a Christian-Judeo God, of monotheistic, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient God. The BoP resides on the Pro side to prove that only arrogant people believe in god, and that if you become too arrogant, you will lose your faith.
Badtothebone

Pro

You are being arrogant about other arrogant people, therefore making you a hypocrite. claiming that arrogant people don't believe in God is not even an ounce of being correct. you can be the meanest person ever but you can still believe in God but not hold to your standards. Last time I noticed, God doesn't test people on their amount of arrogance but on how they have faith in God and believe in Him. THATS IT.
Sheldor

Con

I am the con side...you are the pro side.
I am against the resolution that all arrogant people believe in god, while you are for it.
The first round should've been for acceptance, but since you have already gone, you will not argue in the final round and allow me to have the last say.
I don't really have much to say at this point, though, as the Pro side seems to agree with me, despite taking the opposing side....
I contend that your amount of arrogance has no bearing on whether or not you believe in god, as many arrogant people believe in god, such as the leaders of the crusades, or Hitler, whereas some humble people don't believe in god, such as many atheists or agnostics that are humble and help others.
The God we are specifically debating is the Judeo-Christian God.
Arrogant: Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
Badtothebone

Pro

You aren't making sense whatsoever. I am not agrreeing with you no matter how you take it. You are mistaken con. God doesn't follow everybodies rules, he will follow his own path. So you can't say what religion he is for or if he likes arrogant people or not.
Sheldor

Con

"God doesn't follow everybodies rules, he will follow his own path."
The resolution here isn't whether or not God will follow rules, but whether or not arrogant people believe in god or not. Please adhere to the debate. We aren't debating the nature of God, but the people that believe in God.
Badtothebone

Pro

Let me spell it out for you. P e o p l e w h o a r e a r r o g a n t can have the same beliefs as anybody else. It's not the fact that they are arrogant but how they treat others. It's not right to treat others on their emotional factors or how YOU perceive them to be, it's their actions that you need to judge on. Some people can't help that they are arrogant or its a disability they are issuing with. But they can still believe in God if they want.
Sheldor

Con

Not much to say then.
Badtothebone

Pro

Alright so we both agree that arrogant people can believe in God. Cool, I guess that's it.
Sheldor

Con

Sheldor forfeited this round.
Badtothebone

Pro

Badtothebone forfeited this round.
Posted by Sheldor 3 years ago
Sheldor
Yeah, we are on the same side...lol.
I just started this debate because some jerk at my school denounced me for being so arrogant, I was an atheist.
Logic.
Posted by katrilenyah 3 years ago
katrilenyah
My father is an arrogant person and he believes in god. I know plenty of people who are arrogant and rude and stubborn as crap but they still believe in god and they still go to church as well. SHELDOR, i suggest you go to several other churches in another community and talk to other people that go there. Then see how many arrogant people there are. I'm not talking about going to one church. I'm talking about going to several.
Posted by Badtothebone 3 years ago
Badtothebone
ok, so we are going for the same thing? then agree im right and ill approve your stand as well
Posted by Sheldor 3 years ago
Sheldor
I am on the con side of the debate....which means i am arguing AGAINST the resolution. Badtothebone accepted the pro side of the debate, meaning that he has to convince us that arrogant people don't believe in God. CON which is me, means I am against the resolution; PRO which is Badtothebone has to support it. However, seeing as he apparently accepted thinking that he would inherently be the con side of the resolution, I see no further point to this debate. IF you are still confused, please comment. Thank you.
Posted by sagacity 3 years ago
sagacity
It appears that both of the debaters are profoundly confused. I am just a spectator. My previous comment was directed to the INSTIGATOR. If you scroll up you, Badtothebone, you are the CONTENDER. i apologize for any mis-communication.
Posted by Badtothebone 3 years ago
Badtothebone
I am not confused whatsoever. I am arguing against that stupid argument of yours. I am not agreeing that arrogant people, ALL OF THEM in your terms, believe in God. No I'm stating that point you made is completely incorrect and had no real thinking process put into it. And don't get my facts mixed up, thank you very much
Posted by sagacity 3 years ago
sagacity
The title of the debate says "arrogant people DON'T believe in God. The instigator seems to have confused the topic and says that he will be arguing against the statement "only arrogant people believe in God"
Posted by katrilenyah 3 years ago
katrilenyah
My father is arrogant person. He believes in god but he does not have an exact faith. So all the arrogant people can be stubborn and rude, they too can believe in god.
Vote Placed by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
SheldorBadtotheboneTied
Reasons for voting decision: Oh... my aching head...