Art Challenge

Started: 5/11/2014 Category: Arts

This is a art challenge between NiamC and ESocialBookworm. The rules are simple:
1st round is acceptance
2nd &3rd round is to show work.

To show your work, paste your work on your debate round, to be safe, include a link to the photo of the art in a album on your page.

The art work can be any theme
The art can be any size
The art can be from any Material.

I look forward to a fun debate and seeing my opponents compositions!

OK, here it is. I don't have a caption for it . This is rather small art piece (A4 size). I used pen and water colour. P.s. get ready for my next one = size.
I look forward to my opponents art piece,

I have no title for this...

Firstly, let me just say wow. That is gorgeous, NiamC! You should definitely pursue a career correlated with art!

I had something planned out before but I scrapped it and went with this instead:

This is a drawing/painting of a purse, that for some reason refuses to be pasted here. The purse is on a cloth, which has shadows on it.

Media used:
paint, pencils, watercolour pencils, charcoal pencils, charcoal, watercolour pages, paintbrushes and water.

Don't count me out yet! I am sure I will woo you with out last round!

I like your drawing, I'm not really able draw items like a bag, or faces.
Here it is (drumroll please). My final art piece. Once again, I have no title for this.
May I point out that I decided to do this on my wall (hence the 30cm ruler for reference).
I look forward to my opponent's last piece.

click="document.location='/ESocialBookworm/photos/album/3722/24805/'" src="../../../photos/albums/1/4/3722/106131-3722-hmgvw-a.jpg" alt="" />

I had a sculpture for this round but unfortunately due to time restraints, I will be unable to finish it for this debate.
Instead I leave this painting, Papa Bois.

Papa Bois [1] or Dee Baba, is a Trinidadian folklore character. He is said to be the father of wood and protector of the forests. He has horns, hairy legs and a long beard.

This surrealistic piece depicts the legend of him. The large tree symbolises his oneness with nature and a hammock [2] hangs from two branches. In the hammock is another little tree. This tree shows the protectiveness and love for nature Papa Bois had.
The roots go deep down, showing how he was connected to his “roots” with nature.
A face can also be seen: the hammock and branches as the lips and creases in the tree itself as eyes.
A horn also hangs on the tree branch.

On the contrary, Papa Bois was also feared by woodsmen as he was the Protector of Nature. He would kill, harm or punish hunters who unfairly harmed innocent creatures and plant life forms.
The red part, which is supposed to symbolize ‘soil,’ turns into eyes, forms a scary face. This is the angry-protective side of Papa Bois, which everyone fears.

MEDIA: Acrylic paints & paper

[1]- Papa Bois-
[2]- Hammock-
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
unfortunately NiamC's art was much, much cooler and more professional on a bunch of different levels. bookworm didn't stand a chance.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
RFD Continued**

...couldn't match Pro's. If it wasn't for the lore presented to the viewer, I wouldn't have guessed that the image in the middle of the tree was a hammock.

Ultimately, it looks to me that these two opponents are in different classes when it comes to artwork. NiamC is highly gifted, and seems to have a trend for opposing forces that melt into one another in some form of transition. This is the element most seen in both images he presented. Whereas ESocial, while a good friend of mine here on DDO, seems like she still needs to fine-tune her skills. She would still most certainly kick my butt in an art competition! :)

Great job to both of you!! This was both a fun and entertaining debate to vote on!
Posted by Fanath 2 years ago
Once or twice a week I see them.
Posted by Brendan_Liam 2 years ago
How often do art challenges happen? pretty sweet idea
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
"This is an art..."... just saying- the grammar Nazi
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: With there being two rounds of presented works of art, I will award 3 points per round. I will not be counting R1 for this voting process. Round 2 - Pro. I will not count color since Con's had none. It would be an unfair advantage from the start for Pro. The reason Pro won this round for me was due to the amount of variety in the objects presented. There is a highly detailed skull, which then transitions to birds flying in the distance. The bold expression of force with the liquids shooting out was also a strong point. For Con, although the purse was also extremely detailed, had fine shading, and 3-dimensionality it lacked the overall clarity and variety that Pro's artwork presented to the viewer. Because of this, Pro wins Round 2 for me. Round 3 - Pro. I again remove the element of color since this time it would work in the opposite favor. Clarity and quality of detail goes to Pro who's image also captured transition. Con's lacked in that, and unfortunately couldn't match Pro's.