9spaceking
NiamC

Art MasterPiece Challenge!

NiamC
Started: 10/12/2014 Category: Arts

9spaceking

Pro

Round one acceptance
Round two post ONE of our masterpieces. It can be digitally edited to look awesome.

NiamC

Con

Let's do this, yo!

I look forward to my competition. Fyi, this is most definately going to be my last art challenge. Who has the time nowadays?

Let's go!
9spaceking

Pro

I choose....

*drum roll please*

From my deviantart account, 9king, link here: http://9king.deviantart.com...

GRANDER ART GALLERY.

As explained from the deviantart page,
I worked on one drawing per day until I finished this, so it wasn't very hard. But I estimate the difficulty would be near-impossible if I tried everything in one go.

Each drawing has its own name and different style, desgined to look like someone would look at this and say "there's no way the same guy drew all of these".
DRAWINGS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT AND UP TO DOWN:
"FATHER TIME": The surrealist piece meant to make you say "Well, I've got an idea of what I'm getting into."
"MALICIOUS BUSINESS MAN": The cool and funky caricature that stands out of the otherwise realistic gallery.
"WALL FLOWERS": The realistic roses. These were much easier than I had expected.
"BIRD GODDESS": The epic watercolor meant to divert your attention from the "Grand Masterpiece" and meant to be calm and smoothing, just like the coloring employed onto the paper.
"THE LIVIN' ROOM": A simple piece of furniture and a lamp beside it gives you time to rest before you meet the final three (rather chaotic) drawings
"POLICE ROBOT": This is where we first see the action happening--a cool wooden "robot" telling you to stop, before your eyes go blind from seeing the "Grand Masterpiece". :P
"BREAKING 5TH WALL": The "Grand Masterpiece" that is probably the first to draw your attention. It almost looks like the fist is really breaking out the glass holding it, and the strong 3-D really makes it seem it's the only one to pop out of the wall, the only one to surpass them all, both physically and drawing wise.
"SCHOLARSHIP TO VASE ACADEMY": Another surrealist piece that is arguably more realistic than "FATHER TIME". The cool shading reminds you of all the different pieces and the realism involved, and the variety of colors brings a nice "conclusion" to the art gallery.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
I actually didn't choose my best artwork. I just chose the most versatile one, since I didn't know what you were going to post. You post realism? I got the artillery for that. You post abstract? Yup, it's there. Surrealism? Yeah, it's quite obvious. Even a painting can be matched up to the watercolor bird. Therefore I give you a big range of choices. You should note my drawing's weaknesses and strengths while posting your own masterpiece. :D
Just a little advice.
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
make it 3 v 3 and i'll accept :P
Posted by RevL8ion 2 years ago
RevL8ion
XD I stink at art, so I'll pass.
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
I dont believe my pieces are better...

Can we just show off two pieces? No argumentd?
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
....I don't have a sketchbook...
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
9spacekingNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Idk why people are giving full 7-point votes, and someone should probably notify lannan so his is matching the others... but I'll continue with the trend. I'm awarding the win to Con. Pro presented an art piece that has several "windows" of different work. While each of these were of solid quality - they remind me of a highschool art project. While that isn't a bad thing, what I mean is that the quality was reminiscent of a high-schooler in an elective art class. Colored pencils, maybe some paint? Regardless of the tools used, it just lacked sharpness and clarity. The 3 dimensional drawings felt 2-D. Con on the other hand, presented something I'd rank as college level artwork. The depth alone is astounding. The different designs, all coming together smoothly to make the owl in the center. The gaze of the owl, and surreal style simply outshines anything presented by Pro. For this, I award the win to Con.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
9spacekingNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: I like Pro's creativity while I have seen Con's before.
Vote Placed by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
9spacekingNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: 9spaceking had great artwork, but NiamC had more dynamic features and depth to simply one masterpiece. The shading is excellent as well as the detail. The background is very visually appealing. It's very finely done.
Vote Placed by Mr.Lee 2 years ago
Mr.Lee
9spacekingNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Recast my vote according to which I deemed better. I hope you like mine. 👉 8==0
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
9spacekingNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm guessing from the previous vote that all 6 pts go to better piece. Nye's piece was interesting, but Niam's was so dynamic and intricate that it possessed my mind to switch sides. I almost thought Goodwin had this in the bag, but as usual, Niam has blown me off my feet and impressed me with his skills. Niam also wins points because his was not digitally editted- which I know was allowed- but it made his piece more real and surreal.