AngelofDeath
Dennybug

Art debate

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 6/28/2014 Category: Arts

AngelofDeath

Pro

Haii

I've been doing a bit of sketching lately, and i was thinking, hey, how awesome should it be to do an art debate?!

So I did this. As of right now, i made it pretty much impossible to accept. If you would like to debate me, please comment or PM me, and I'll decide....

Structure:
First round, acceptance.
Second round, people.
Third round, animals.
Last round, anything you wanna do.

Rules:
1) if you forfeit, win automatically goes to other person
2) art can only be drawings or paintings or watercolors, so like, no sculptures or photography or stuff like that
3) art can be pre-done, doesnt have to be drawn/painted on the spot
4) must include username (or abbreviation or actual name) somewhere on the picture you take of the art.

Many thanks! Good luck to my opponent and have fun!
Dennybug

Con

meh, why not
AngelofDeath

Pro

Finally finished perfecting the eyes! :D

I'm on a phone and idk how to post pics, so i guess I'll have to resort to posting a link :(

Here it is: http://www.debate.org...

Quick description: some random chick whom I made up
(sig is in the bottom right hand corner)

Over to my opponent, and good luck! :D
Dennybug

Con

great first round by my opponent, I look forward to the next round.

DSCN0543
AngelofDeath

Pro

*sigh*
*jealous*
Great round, Con!
--not sure if i can beat him anymore--

Well, anyways, here's round 3! Animals!

Link to mah art (because my phone won't post pics -.-) http://www.debate.org...

Quick description: It's a bird! It's a plane! No, wait.... Animals... Definitely a bird.... ;P

Sig is next to the tail :D

Thanks again to Dennybug for accepting mah debate! :D
Dennybug

Con

Unfortunately I'm unable to respond this round due to not being around a camera/scanner AngelofDeath has graciously spared me as long as I post my round two in the next round!
AngelofDeath

Pro

Kks! I finished procras-- sketching. I meant sketching. *nods*

Not my best work, but oh well....

Last round: anything.
Here's a link! http://www.debate.org...
Sig is under the knife :D

Lookin forward to Dennybug's last round and two pics! Good luck!
Dennybug

Con

Nice job!

I'd like to thank my opponent for challenging me to this debate, I had fun.

MY R2:

DSCN0515

My R3:

DSCN0516
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Dont you hate that feeling when someone just snipe votes at the last second?
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago
Dennybug
damn its a tie
Posted by debatability 2 years ago
debatability
i just tied your debate pls dont kill me
Posted by AngelofDeath 2 years ago
AngelofDeath
Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to vote on this debate! I didnt expect so many people to actually notice this debate lol usually my debates have only a few votes before they time out.

Also, thanks for all the wonderful, detailed RFDs that you guys have written, they're amazing!

--Kitty <3
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago
Dennybug
thanks so much Niam for taking the time to write that awesome rfd!
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Anyway... where was I? oh yes!

... I want to say manga? but I don't know the names.
Anyway... Denny's piece was interesting due to the shading in certain areas i.e, Hair and eyes. I think that the strong lines were appropriate to the theme. There was also the other details such as the visible eyebrows (a common feature of this themes), the lines under the eyes and the nose shading. This was an interesting piece but one anomaly was the chin... I think that this was a little odd.

Anyway. This was my rfd; I hope that you enjoyed reading it. There was a win from both sides and a tie. This means that I cannot award a win to anyone. This is why you should have chosen a 7-point voting system :p
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Ok my rfd... lets go!

Round 1:
Well... I have to say that Angel won this hands down. This is because of the fact that the image was more interesting. Angel's art piece had encorporated a greater utilised range of shadings and tones; it wasn't the best but was pretty damn good. There was more attention to detail (the hair and all that...) which would ultimately contributes to the piece appearing better. I personally like how Angel used certain colours which i think worked quite well. Apparently this character was a random person but to me... this character reminds of one of those evil Disney bitches.... there's always one.

Round 2:
Oh... this is a hard one. This will be a tie for the following. Denny's piece obviously shows that he focused on tonal quality and shading; this is evident due to the well controlled use of shading and that created a source of light which showed due to the drawn shadow. Unfortunately, Denny's piece wasn't as clear in detail as I would have liked it to have been...

Angels piece was fabulous as well. Her piece focused on a different quality to that of Denny's. To me, I think that quality was the attention to visual detail. Her image was of a bird... an image... ihave no idea. Anyway, most of my attention was on the wings; the wings included such detail to lines and ratio. I also liked how Angel once again used color in certain areas. In my opinion, Angel's piece would have won hands down if she added more shading detail to the wings. That would have created the ultimate texture visualization.

Round...........3. Denny won this.

I liked Angels piece; there were those little details but I feel that more shading and contrast could have been put into it. Anyway, onto Denny's piece:
Denny's piece was interesting indeed. It had a strong contrast and range of tones used appropriately which really helped the piece stand out. I feel that Denny successfully created a piece of art which was specific to that (I want to sa... Oh crap,
Posted by Romanii 2 years ago
Romanii
Voting on debates where I like both debaters makes me sad :(
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago
Dennybug
thanks bae <3
Posted by AngelofDeath 2 years ago
AngelofDeath
I'm back so that people can see click on the links and see my art....

Only because you asked nicely, Denny
Vote Placed by debatability 2 years ago
debatability
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Okay... I'm voting on this by request so don't get mad at me if my RFD sucks. I'll evaluate this round by round. Angel wins the first round. The detailing in her drawing is very impressive, especially when it comes to the hair and the eyes. Denny win's the second round. Angel's drawing is a bit sloppy when compared to Denny's. The legs in Denny's drawing are exceptional. The last round also goes to Denny. Angel did a good job, but it is a lot harder to draw a face than it is to draw an inanimate object. So... I have to conclude that Denny wins. If there was a conduct point, I would have given it to Angel due to the skipped round.
Vote Placed by mishapqueen 2 years ago
mishapqueen
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: I felt Angel's were very realistic and well done. Denny was good, but he didn't seem to have enough detail.
Vote Placed by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: Im so pissed off that this is select winner. This would be a lot easier otherwise. My rfd in the comments...
Vote Placed by Romanii 2 years ago
Romanii
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Unfortunately, since this is select winner, I can't award one point per round, and instead have to award the win to whoever won more rounds... Round 1 was a win for Pro; the eyes in her drawing were EPIC! Round 2 was *very* hard to judge, and probably my favorite round out of the three... both the eagle and the scorpion were excellently drawn, but I think Con's shading on the scorpion won it for him, there; he managed to make it look like it was almost popping off the page! Round 3 was kind of confusing to judge because the subject matters were so different from each other... The detail in Pro's weapons sketches was awesome, but just overall, Con's drawing of the anime girl was more visually appealing, causing me to award Con the win here by the a *very* slight margin... SOOOO final score: 2 to 1 (more like 1.3 to 1) in Con's favor! Good job to both of you!
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Although Denny had missed a round he made up for it and his was a bit more detailed. Not to say AoD didn't do well because she did. I just seemed to like Denny's picture more. Good job though you two!
Vote Placed by Ajab 2 years ago
Ajab
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19VxcuVrCk2waYjdLW_nbjxU6IG0aNiZs8Td5BnwYk-A/edit?usp=sharing
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: of course, faces are very difficult to draw, and both did equally good jobs within their anime-like style, but the knife and gun bought diversity in pro's favor, and the eagle beat down the scorpion.
Vote Placed by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
AngelofDeathDennybug
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Dennis had better prictures.