Himanshuraj
EmperorDao

Artificial intelligence: will man be ever replaced by machine.

Started: 2/20/2016 Category: Technology

Himanshuraj

Pro

Yes man will replaced in upcoming year. if we talk about the fifth generation of computer then we get to know that this generation of computer is totally depend on computer itself. so in upcoming year all the decision will be taken by the computer itself whether it is good or bad.
if we talk about the small scale industries they are losing their existence just because of use of heavy machine and due to which lots of labors have lost their jobs.
so i can say that this modern technology will replace men in upcoming year..
EmperorDao

Con

I am indeed impressed by your words, but I cannot agree with you on this topic. Since the Industrial Era when man began inventing machines to do labor jobs faster and more efficiently, laborers lost their jobs. Yet, that does not make the machine the master. Over the century, machines have been perfected into robotics and soon, AI. But that does not make it self sufficient. Where machine will do the work man wants done fast, machine will always depend on man by default as much as man depends on machine by choice. Machine can fail, machine can malfunction, machine can be damaged, machine can't always tell right from wrong. When machine breaks down in the factory, it has two fates, be repaired or destroyed. Now, machine depends on man. Man will fix the machine, improve it even, and be paid hundreds if not thousands for doing so. Machines aren't man's downfall. Rather, they are man's new light in the distant future, it's a matter of how much we choose to depend on them that will determine their place in existence. Not the mere invention, application, and improvement of said object. In the upcoming year, robotics will most likely be the new norm, but they will bring an increasing demand for mechanical engineers and computer scientists. Your version of a dark future just might be the first steps to salvation.
Himanshuraj

Pro

Himanshuraj forfeited this round.
EmperorDao

Con

EmperorDao forfeited this round.
Himanshuraj

Pro

Himanshuraj forfeited this round.
EmperorDao

Con

I... I do not know if my opponent has forfeited the entire debate or not. I still await a counter argument and am ready and willing to continue on with the debate if my opponent is
Himanshuraj

Pro

Himanshuraj forfeited this round.
EmperorDao

Con

My opponent has refused to counter my arguments, especially on a debate of his own making. Whether he was merely making a statement by making this topic or not is completely unknown to me. I do however, stand by arguments. Man has created a symbiosis with machine. Machine will not replace man, it will help man further itself.
Himanshuraj

Pro

Himanshuraj forfeited this round.
EmperorDao

Con

I believe I have won the debate by default