Jub109
Iamdebate

Artificial turf is better than sand

Started: 5/17/2016 Category: Sports

Jub109

Pro

Is artificial turf better than sand on a school field?
Iamdebate

Con

I will be arguing against the fact that artificial turf is better than sand. Firstly, lets look at the reasons sand is better that seem to be deduced from common sense. First and foremost, it is obvious that children in playgrounds will fall or jump from heights like the top of a slide, which means that it is imperative that they achieve a secure landing. This is possible only when sand is used since it is very loose and will actually cushion the fall of the child. Which would not be possible if artificial turf was to be used since it couldn't spread out like that. (Link : - http://www.meritnation.com... ).

Secondly, maintenance. It is much easier to take care of sand pits that artificial turf. Sand merely requires, replacement of ( which is readily available anywhere), and sanitation by picking up all the trash. All these requirements are fairly cheap. On the other hand- however, artificial turf would be expensive to take care of. One would have to water it time and again (which, along with the wastage of water, also is expensive because water will be another cost) in order to keep it clean. Moreover any stains left on the turf will stay almost permanently unless it is cleaned by chemicals (hence bearing yet another cost, and also being unsafe for kids who play there since they are exposed to these chemicals).

Moreover, weather will not affect playing on the sand in anyway whatsoever, since rain, for example, will not make it hard for children to play since the water will be absorbed by the sand, whereas artificial turf will just become slippery and cause several injuries.

Now, let's move on to less obvious reasons why sand is better. Children will develop their immune system by playing in sand since they will develop immunity against all kinds of bacteria and other pathogen because the White Blood Cells in their body will form memory against these antigens and will fight them in the future when needed. This is why it is recommended for parents to let their children be exposed to nature and get dirty, so that they can become healthier in the future.

Hopefully I have made an effectual opening to the debate, and expectantly, from the next time, my worthy opponent will actually make some points in the first round instead of paraphrasing the motion, which certainly doesn't make any progress in the debate.
Jub109

Pro

Jub109 forfeited this round.
Iamdebate

Con

Iamdebate forfeited this round.
Jub109

Pro

Jub109 forfeited this round.
Iamdebate

Con

Iamdebate forfeited this round.
Jub109

Pro

Jub109 forfeited this round.
Iamdebate

Con

Iamdebate forfeited this round.
Jub109

Pro

Jub109 forfeited this round.
Iamdebate

Con

Sincere apologies from my side since I didn't post any arguments during the debate. However, I wasn't able to do so for my end of year exams were in progress. Nevertheless I hope that my arguments in the first round itself were convincing enough since my opponent did not post any arguments whatsoever. Therefore, I hope that con will still be voted for.