RC-9282
Unicornlandia1

As a Country, The US Should Militarize its System of Laws and Courts.

RC-9282 has forfeited round #3.

RC-9282

Pro

I will be arguing as pro, and that the US (United States) should hand over the control of our courts and law enforcement to the Military. Opponent will be delegated as con.

Round 1 - Acceptance ONLY
Round 2 - Arguments
Round 3 - Rebuttal
Round 4 - Arguments
Round 5 - Closing Statements

I expect this to be a serious conversation without the use of trolling or profanity.

Definitions:

Militarize - (verb) Give (something, especially an organization) a military character or style.

Law - (noun) The system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties.

Court - (noun) A tribunal presided over by a judge, judges, or a magistrate in civil and criminal cases.

Thank you and good luck...
Unicornlandia1

Con

I accept terms.
I accept debate rules.
Thank you and good luck.
RC-9282

Pro

I have read it. And I think you should see that I am playing the devils advocate here.
Unicornlandia1

Con

The military should not be in control of the U.S. laws and courts. This will not benefit the laws and courts. The military should remain separate from matters such as these. (Handing education to the military doesn't sound like such a good idea, does it?)

Judges and lawyers do a very good job handling justice in the U.S. Militarizing the U.S. laws and courts could have dangerous outcomes and would likely result in false imprisonment or criminals roaming the streets. The military does not have knowledge in the subject of law as the judges and lawyers do.
Posted by RC-9282 10 months ago
RC-9282
My bad everyone. Had a tournament up in Vail that we placed 2nd in, and caused me to be away for the week. Rematch soon?
Posted by RC-9282 10 months ago
RC-9282
Im playing devils advocate. This is simply to explore the topic.
Posted by maver1ck911 10 months ago
maver1ck911
Have you even read the UCMJ?
Do you have no concept of civil institutions being separate from the military as a means to prevent the rise of a dictatorship and competing coups?
Do you have no understanding of writs of habeas corpus vs military justice procedure?

This is a god awful idea.