Shmac07
ho11yw00d

As an American Citizen are you entitled to Food, Shelter & Water?

Shmac07

Con

It is my firm belief that no as an American you are entitled to nothing more than the Air. Food Shelter and Water each have a Value to them, so you must in one form or another earn those items. Yes as a baby you cannot earn anything so that means the responsibility of a child resides upon the parents.

I am not fully against programs to aide those struggling to meet these items, but whatever individual seeking food, shelter, water should be REQUIRED to perform a Service or Labor to Earn these things.
ho11yw00d

Pro

I accept debate.

The Declaration of Independence states that Americans are entitled to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.

Food, water and shelter are not mentioned. These are extremely obtainable with minimal effort or work. The problem with society lately, is that too many people don't even want to do the bare minimum. They want everything handed to them.
Shmac07

Con

I absolutely agree with you! I understand it in the very same fashion as you do. Sadly in society today entitlement has been rampant and the laziness and lack of self responsibility has ravaged many in our society. Far too many individuals are bending their interpretation of the constitution due to gray areas and assumptions.

For example heated battles over this very topic erupt often as those who are of the "everyone is a winner, we are all special, and so everyone gets a trophy" attitude lump in Food Shelter and water into the pursuit of happiness, or even worse try to ignorantly interject the UN's Human Rights into Americas constitution.

This is the land of where you absolutely have the right to pursue happiness, but it certainly isn't going to be spoon feed for you as these individuals would like.
Clearly Present company excluded as you and I seem to interpret the document the same.

But my main thought was due to people being this lazy and their inability to comprehend or outright wish to ignore the constitution. I would like more specifically defined verbiage so that this document may not be twisted and used against the citizens.
ho11yw00d

Pro

$19 Trillion and climbing debt is the reason that entitlement do not work. A Socialist society does not work unless 100% of the people are on board with the idea. In America, a majority of us have pride in ourselves and do not want to be a robot-like society like Denmark.
Shmac07

Con

Yes I couldn't agree more! It is terrifying as well that many of the younger generations have now been socialized and indoctrinated to believe that they are owed by society. They have been trained to blame others or outside influences for any adversity and have been shown, by their parents and others, that you can blame your problems on others and should not have to accept the responsibility of your actions. It is a downright disgrace.
ho11yw00d

Pro

Millennials have been trained by the media and politicians because the parents are no-shows. The out of wedlock birthrate for Blacks is over 70%. It's not the police or the white men(or the Oscars........) keeping them down, it's themselves. Without a strong family unit, getting out of poverty is much harder. Excuses need to stop being made. Slavery ended over 150 years ago. Segregation ended over 50 years ago. Racism still exists but the knife cuts both ways now. Racist programs like affirmative action only create more hatred and segregation. Democrats need to stop beating the racism drum. If anyone is helping to keep minorities down, it's them. They are more like drug dealers than politicians: "HERE'S YOUR WELFARE KID, COME BACK AND GET MORE WHEN YOU RUN OUT, JUST KEEP VOTING FOR ME" , "HERE'S SOME OBAMACARE FOR YOU, JUST KEEP VOTING FOR ME", "HERE'S YOUR FOOD STAMPS, COME BACK SOON AND KEEP VOTING FOR ME". "DON'T WORRY ABOUT A JOB, I'LL GIVE YOU FREE STUFF YOUR WHOLE LIFE, JUST KEEP VOTING FOR ME".

This crap makes me sick. How can so many people be so blind to see what's really going on?