devin.cooper64
Justinrocks

As more and more Pokemon games come out, the series gets worse and worse

Started: 10/11/2013 Category: Games

devin.cooper64

Con

This debate was brought up earlier, but it appears that the debate fell through, which is a shame. So this is my chance to revive a good sounding debate.

Pokemon, a japanese RPG released in 1996, after becoming an instant hit in japan, it was released in 1997 in the rest of the world, the game became a world wide sucsess along with its anime counterpart.

The series still stands strong, with the introduction of Pokemon X & Y coming out today, due to this I will bring up a topic pokemon fans bring up, "the series is getting worst as it goes on."

I myself find this false, and the series has infact, gotten better, Pro will be debating the series has gotten worst, as I will be debating it hasnt.
This debate will be split into 5 rounds, the first being acceptence and the alst being closing statements, the other rounds can be used to debate whatever you please.

I will await an opponent.
Justinrocks

Pro

Pok"mon is getting worse as the series progresses and I say this because each new type of Pok"mon is getting lamer than the last, so in addition to this there are some cool new Pok"mon but some just downright make no sense. I mean the Pok"mon that is a sword evolves into a doublade which is two swords. This completely defies the laws of conservation of matter because where did it get the mas to generate another sword? to me it just looks like two Pok"mon working together which defies the rules of one on one Pok"mon battles.
devin.cooper64

Con

Pro claims the series has gotten worst due to the desings in the newer pokemon, his main example of the pokemon "Honedge" evolution being two blades breaking the conservation of matter. First of, quesitoning the physics in a game like pokemon, where you battle mystical creatures, is childish. Even more, breaking the "conservation of matter" is nothing new, with examples as far as Gen 1, Diglet, Magnite are both examples, which both evolutions add extra of their own kind onto its original form.

Now for my arguments for round 1.

First of, pokemon has improved greatley since gen 1, new systems and items have been added to maximize the experience and introducing stragety and tactical skills. EV system was added to train pokemon to become stronger quicker than normally battling them, berries to help pokemon get stronger and to make your house look cool (if youre into that I guess) are just a few of the things.

Also introduced are running shoes which you can get earlier on in the game so you arent stuck walking slowly until you get bycicle midway through the game. Different kinds of pokeballs were also introduced to make it easier to capture certain pokemon on certain terms, which makes stragety in battling and item usage fun.

And though this may be obvious, there has been major graphical improvement in pokemon, not just as in cool looking locations, but that pokemon have been given more depth or changes in their desgings to look better than they did in the older games, locatations are also more diverse, especially in the new pokemon X and Y.

Thats all I can argue for now due to time constraints, I will present more topics in round 2.

I await a response.
Justinrocks

Pro

Justinrocks forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64

Con

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
Justinrocks

Pro

Justinrocks forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64

Con

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
Justinrocks

Pro

Justinrocks forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64

Con

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
Justinrocks

Pro

Justinrocks forfeited this round.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Oh yeah and nittendos awesome the only thing in nittendo that sucks is the wii and pokemon
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Of course pro is right pokemon does get worse and worse there are to many weird pokemon like what the heck?!?!?! Some of the legendarys cant even kill blue eyes white dragon
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
Don't dis Nintendo even though I'm Sony all the way you don't dis Nintendo if it didn't exist then there would be no cod so you get real and don't dis Nintendo
Posted by mistakiller 3 years ago
mistakiller
screw pokemon i hate nintendo get real play cod