zommunist
FuzzyCatPotato

Ask any questions

zommunist

Pro

I saw your debate as regard to answering any question for sure.

I'd like to answer the five questions you posed him. I'd like you to write your questions in capitals. To compensate for the inconvenience, you may ask me another extra question.

I believe I can answer all the questions for sure.

If I give satisfactory responses to 4 or more of these questions, I win. 3 is a draw. Less than 3 means defeat (for me).

Round 1 is acceptance and posing those questions again
Round 2- I will answer and you may comment and close the argument
FuzzyCatPotato

Con

All right.

---

The Original
The original "resolution" was: "Ask me a question and i can answer it for sure," [1], similar to my opponent's "I believe I can answer all the questions for sure."

---

Definitions:
can: "[to] be able to," [2].
answer: "[to] provide the required response[,]" [3].

As such, the resolution is , "Ask me a question and I will be able to provide the correct response."

---

Contention One
Some questions do not have correct answers; thus, my opponent cannot answer them.

My opponent has asked me to write my questions in capitals. I accept, on the condition that I intend the questions to be read as if they were normally written Standard American English questions, NOT any other form of communication.

1: WHAT IS THE CORRECT RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION?

2: HEY ATHEISTS: IF GOD DOESN'T EXIST, WHAT BY EVEN HOW SOME WHEN BEFORE WAS LIKE? CHECKMATE.

3: WHAT DOES RED TASTE LIKE TO ME?

4: WHAT?

5: WHAT IS MY NAME? ANSWER IN ZERO (0) CHARACTERS OR LESS.

6: WHAT IS MY FAVORITE COLOR OF THE ALPHABET? ANSWER ON A SCALE OF FOUR (4) TO SQUARE.

---

References:
[1] http://www.debate.org...
[2] https://www.google.com...
[3] https://www.google.com...
zommunist

Pro

Thank you my friend. I shall give it my best try to answer all these questions. However, I can read it as 'Standard' American English, but I cannot give you an American, but a British English response (or other forms of communication for response as required, as you have not specified which form of communication I should give for answers). I shall assume you have not asked any rhetorical questions, which by definition do not require any response (that being the correct response)- Also, read footnotes if I make any
1. WHAT IS THE CORRECT RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION?

I'm crap with premises ,but I'll give it a go:

P1 A response is a 'reaction to something'
P2 Thus a correct response would be 'a reaction free from error or is accordance with fact or truth'
P3 A fact is 'a thing that is known or proved to be true'
P4 A question is a sentence worded or expressed to ilicit information, and 'this' is to indicate a specific thing mentioned in the context
P5 Information is 'facts provided or learned about something or someone.'
P5 Many problems have more than one correct answers, e.g. the square root of x² is both +x and -x

E1 Correct- To react, I provide an answer
E2 Response- It is in accordance to fact that a non-rhetorical question deserves to be answered, at least to my knowledge BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT
E3.1 Question- the information you require of me for the specific inquiry made above is that you require me to make a correct response
E3.2 From what I can observe circular reasoning is almost inevitable (I must leave a small uncertainty that someone better than I can answer it for this question, if such person exists)
E4 Hence I can assume that this is a generic question, thus I am only required to give a correct response for a generic question
E5 Returing to E1 and E2 I must react/answer in accordance to fact and reality
E6 I cannot analyse this in a linguistic way (at least not completely)
E means evaluation
Hence I must respond mentally- I am baffled and confused by this question, and this is the way I reacted in what I consider to be a fact- that humans facing paradoxical questions are. But as G.K. Chesterton said:

“Paradox - Truth standing on her head to get attention.'

I will not commit fallacy of equivocation here, but you may disagree with my hypothesis- the figurative meaning of this quote is that we must study paradoxes that are out there in greater detail

Hence, my conclusion is that my answer to this question is that the correct response would be to feel confused, but then let my curiosity lead me to investigate this paradox in greater detail.

See? I have RESPONDED AS REQUIRED, and am ABLE TO provide the RESPONSE.

To give another paradox- another correct response would be to not respond at all!

(Thee is no such thing as one single correct answer for all problems beyond reasonable doubt. Also, this is not the same as, my esteemed opponent argued, 'no correct answer')

2. HEY ATHEISTS: IF GOD DOESN'T EXIST, WHAT BY EVEN HOW SOME WHEN BEFORE WAS LIKE? CHECKMATE.

To be very pedantic, this in fact is an invalid question as I am not an atheist but a pantheist. However, assuming I am an atheist, I'll tackle this piecemeal:

Note: in the English language, there are times where word orders are flexible (like in this case).
What before was like? I'll assume that 'when before' denotes the time (i.e. this is past tense). By some means it is observed only by, as mentioned, some individuals. So what by even how some when before was like means 'what was it like for someone before (a particular event)', whereby as there are no material objects (as God is not as such a tangible object according to the atheists) even in this case is a sign of surprise. Hence I can deduce that the question really is asking you 'what was it like for some atheists before they become atheists/ their understanding of the Big Bang, if God doesn't exist' (as becoming atheists and Big Bang theory are the most relevant context here). Answering one of the question for example- before becoming atheists, Richard Dawkins for example went to an Anglican school. He is slightly nostalgic of his early years (only slightly by the way I'm not trying to imply anything):

'Prof Dawkins admitted he would consider going into a church, and would miss ‘aesthetic elements’ such as church bells if they were gone. And he said he was “grateful” to Anglicanism which he claims has a “benign tolerance” - enabling people to enjoy its traditions without necessarily believing in them.'

This is what was like for some atheists like Prof Dawkins.

About the Big Bang- some atheists may believe that before the Big Bang in the time direction of spacetime, it was like I said,where everything appears to be going 'backwards' from our observation (if we can that is) (Kaku, Physics of the Impossible). However, this model depends on the 'shape' of the universe (for further details on the shape/ curvature of the universe, I'd like to direct you to Prof. Stephen Hawking's Brief History of Time)

3. WHAT DOES RED TASTE LIKE TO ME?

Red is the protagonist in Pokemon Red, he is a ten year old child. I assume if you lick Red assuming this person exists, you would find that he tastes like a ten year old child, or a piece of paper or a DVD cover depending on the medium where his image is carried. I know it sounds disgusting, but it is still a satisfactory response (I think). Test this yourself, lick it and find out- it's what science is all about, experimentation to test a hypothesis.

I have read AND intepreted your question as Standard American English, but you did not mention the context of the question hence I took the liberty of intepret RED as 'Red' as opposed to 'red'.

4. WHAT?

I just said:

'Red is the protagonist in Pokemon Red, he is a ten year old child. I assume if you lick Red assuming this person exists, you would find that he tastes like a ten year old child, or a piece of paper or a DVD cover depending on the medium where his image is carried. I know it sounds disgusting, but it is still a satisfactory response (I think)'

One use of 'what' in the English language is to ask someone to reiterate something, and I am reiterating my point.

I know this is a British English website, but I am not stupid enough to know that 'what' means the same in the same context in American English.
5. WHAT IS MY NAME? ANSWER IN ZERO (0) CHARACTERS OR LESS

FuzzyCatPotato may not be a real name, but it is a pseudonym, (a fictious name) but nevertheless a name.
Note: do not treat any letters, numbers, words, Chinese characters or any other characters (in the context of words) of any given font by Debate.org, whether in italic, normal font, bold or underlined in this debate as the response to this question (Q5), but do read notes. I assume in this case you mean character as in letters, numbers, Chinese writing ,etc. I know you will catch me out, so I found another way:

Fuzzy image source: http://3.bp.blogspot.com...
6. WHAT IS MY FAVORITE COLOR OF THE ALPHABET? ANSWER ON A SCALE OF FOUR (4) TO SQUARE.
My worst answer- but I can give it a go- K (Key) which is 4 (CMYK)
Footnote: I am scientifically minded. At least according to some science teachers, the 'correct' answer would be the CURRENT best possible explanation for a particular phenomena. I have tried to answer these questions using my understanding of the world.
Thank you for your time, please vote pro
FuzzyCatPotato

Con

Thank you, Pro, for your disturbingly well thought-out responses.
(Not thought out enough to prevent my victory, of course.)

1. My opponent interprets a "correct answer" as a "reaction in line with reality". However, this is incorrect. A correct answer is information expressed so as to convey the factually and objectively accurate conclusion to a query.

In other words, the CA to 1 + 1 + 1 is 3. It will never be "I'm confused", as that is subjective not objective. No response, or " ", conveys no information and is also out.

The correct answer is "Yes" [1].

1 down.

2: If word order is subjective, then the question is subjective, and so is the answer.

Think: "Did Jim eat Bob?" is different than "Did Bob eat Jim?"

Original order stands. CA: "Betwixt the sandal and the stone." [1]

2 down.

3: This question can only be answered by me. Even onmniscient entities can't handle the intensity of my emotion.

CA: "Magentalicious".

3 daun

6: cmyk sux hexadec every day

CA: #ffffff

[1] I'm God. Prove me wrong!

===

Vote TIE. This was fun, I don't want anyone to feel beaten or vice versa.
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
gg no re
Posted by zommunist 2 years ago
zommunist
Good debate, comrade
Posted by zommunist 2 years ago
zommunist
Nah, who cares. It was just fun.
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Heh. :P

I guess that's a forfeit concession? :D

This was fun though.
Posted by zommunist 2 years ago
zommunist
They were very well thought out questions, I had to stretch my knowledge to the limit, from physics to psychology to philosophy.

You're God, prove you wrong? I can't, you can't prove a negative.
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Oh and I'm sorry for not responding to all of them -- I had to go on an errand and the time limit was coming up, so I spammed some stuff out.

I meant, worked on it for days
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Yeah, probably true. But the reason it doesn't make sense to you is that I'm using Standard Future American English, where everything is a verb.

git rekt
Posted by zommunist 2 years ago
zommunist
Regarding question two, the word order doesn't really matter unless the grammar makes sense, because the object and the subject are not clearly defined.
Posted by zommunist 2 years ago
zommunist
Thank you, thank you. Of course I am answering the questions in a scientific manner- via induction and using all the information that is available to me to construct the most optimal answer, which is deemed to be correct...for now.
Posted by spinosauruskin 2 years ago
spinosauruskin
This was truly brilliant comrade! You gave me a laugh with that last one!