Elementninja
greatbigworld

Aspartame be removed from gum and replaced with sugar

Elementninja

Elementninja

Pro

Good mourning/Afternoon I believe that gum should have sugar added to it instead of aspartame.
Firstly, what really is aspartame? Aspartame is a no-calorie sweetener, that in scientific experiments has shown high risks of the developing of brain tumors in large or daily consumptions. When aspartame breaks down it produces a substance called DKP. As your stomach digests DKP, it produces a chemical that induces the growth of brain tumors. Aspartame consumption is extremely harmful to people with diabetes. It makes it more difficult to control sugar levels and aggravate diabetes-related conditions such as retinopathy, cataracts, neuropathy and gastroparesis. The sweetener also has been known to cause convulsions often mistaken for insulin reactions. Emotional and mood disorders have been linked to aspartame. Studies suggest that people with certain emotional problems are more sensitive to aspartame. High levels of aspartame cause changes in the serotonin levels which can lead to behavioral problems, depression and other emotional disorders. In some cases, the side effects were so dangerous that doctors were forced to put an end to the studies.
Second of all, aspartame is 200 more times sweeter than sugar and is artificial. Sugar on the other hand is natural and in my opinion tastes better and keeps it's taste longer than aspartame does. Aspartame is also used in diet soda and did you know that people who drink diet sodas to lose weight, actually tend to gain weight!? here's a list of medical conditions linked to aspartame consumption:
"anxiety
"depression
"short term memory loss
"multiple sclerosis
"fibromyalgia
"hearing loss
"weight gain
"fatigue
"brain tumors
So if causes all that Why put it in gum or anything in that case! I rest my case.
greatbigworld

Con

yea yea yea lets cut to the chase. its way healthier then sugar. don't get me wrong I like sugar but reading your argument made me say like WHET
Elementninja

Pro

Yer horrible! You suck at this, aspartame sucks!
greatbigworld

Con

Oh my no grammar. I win this.
Posted by greatbigworld 3 years ago
greatbigworld
this kid sent me a message saying I eat goat balls no grammar. hopefully I win
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
ElementninjagreatbigworldTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro convinced con points pro. conduct Con.