mrmooney1916
Duncan

Assassins Creed 5 should be set in 20th century Russia

Started: 3/1/2014 Category: Games

mrmooney1916

Pro

In my opinion assasins creed 5 should be set in russia during the Bolshevik revoulution of 1917 and should cover topics such as the civil war and the death of Vladimir Lenin.

Many people are in favour of a modern assasins creed and i think the latest game possible would be in russia because since the russian revoulution wasnt a bloody war,the stealth aspect will remain.
Duncan

Con

I don't know if you want me to suggest a better location, but I will still refute Russia as a location for AC5. First of all,, if any voter hasn't yet played the AC series, I recommend you avoid this debate which may contain spoilers. The rules are as follows;

1; Nothing is true.
2; Everything is permitted.

Now that we've gotten the bad jokes out of the way, here we go;

Story relevance;
Despite the shifting locations, AC has connected the assassins as best they could. Ezio is connected to Altair by way of eagle vision, the memory discs and Marco Polo, who's father met Altair. Haytham, Connor and Edward are related to each other. Desmond connects the Eagle family tree to the Colonial family tree. But where would a Russian family member come from? How would it connect to the now deceased Desmond? Will they resolve his death by putting him in another animus? (I lied about the jokes being over). You'll need to choose a place that actually relates to the Assassin vs Templar war. The Russian Civil War would be a complicated procedure; Russia is huge, and the battle took place on four fronts, the Allies and the Axis both being attackers. This could not be pulled off, even on the next gen consoles.

Setting;
Assassin's creed revelations was not the most popular of the Ezio games. One of the factors I relate this to is the lack of identification of Constantinople. You see, Altair didn't have the landmark info feature, and Italy is fairly well known, but Istanbul is not the most familiar setting. The landmarks don't attract our attentions like the Vatican or the Colisseum. Havan and Kingston were made famous by other films too. The same problem lies in Russia. Name two famous landmarks that are not Red Square or the Kremlin, and don't try using a google search on me, because I'm in your head. The audience likes to be able to learn their way around without the map from time to time, or at least view all the famous landmarks. Not happening in War Communist Russia. (For disclosure, I do history, so 1917 russia is a familiar subject to me)

Time;
You're getting dangerously close to the modern era, and modern AC is just the Uncharted series. The machine gun had been reinvented by 1914, the tank was developed later on too. The technology will remove the need and use of swords, as well as horses. Given that players like a vehicle to get around (horse or ship), and the Abstergo files in AC4 state a car can't be implemented in the Animus, you're gonna have a problem. A lot of walking, in the biggest country on the continent. Also, Lenin died in the 1920s, do you plan on fighting Stalin too? If Stalin is inevitably the winner due to his survival, doesn't that set up the Assassins to lose? Or is it reversed? But Stalin was a monster. No way could he be an assassin, and if he wasn't then surely an assassin would be introducing a new kind of Red to their hidden blade via Stalin's throat.

I guess I should provide some idea of what's the next best thing. I'd say London would be a good bet, rooting to the Kenway family and having some famous landmarks too. The other templars seen in AC3 should be dealt with. The assassin of choice? Well, Haytham had a sister, who could be slicing throats in London while Haytham did the same in the Colonies. Or her child, she had a lot of men propositioning her. Some development on her choice of surname, a conclusion to Edward, all this could be given. Horses could make a return, but some docks could be explored and some fighting with Spain could be done by way of sea. Having a female main character (not just in a spin off like liberation) could be an odd thing for some players, (and for the animus user), but in that case just go with her child. Hey, while your swinging around the age of exploration, Ezio should have a descendant around there somewhere. Why not link the families?

Welp, that's about it for now. Let me know what you think, and I'll see you next time.

Your sincerely,

Duncan.
mrmooney1916

Pro

While i can understand where you are coming from,remember Edward did not have any links to the assassins.

also im not sure if you read the fall.its a comic book about nikolai orelov a soviet assassin who is an ancestor of daniel cross(subject 17).
i think its inevitble that there will be a game set in russia but if the title is "great fall" that will probably mean AC5 will be the one set there.

according to recent rumours london during the industrial revoulution seems like the most possible but i cant imagine a game in england being very exciting(unless maybe you play as jack the ripper :) ).

one other possibility is China.remember ubisoft said that there would be clues for AC5 in freedom cry.
think back to when Ezio gave the small wooden box to Shao Jun the chinese assassin.well Ade recieves a similiar looking box in the DLC.also someone asked ubisoft on twitter for clues about the next game and they repleyed "look for the stars"(could be reffering to the chinese flag.
Duncan

Con

The are many suggestions as to where the next game will lead, but I doubt it will should go the way of Russia. Desmond was supposed to be the assassin, and Daniel Cross made just two appearances in AC3, one in a cutscene and the other where you simply chase him for ten seconds and then kill him, unlocking the pistol, the proof as to why guns drastically change gameplay, and any overly modern setting will reach this problem. The pistols in AC4 meant that at best, you could deliver 4 shots at once. With a machine gun, you can wipe out a whole group in seconds. The next game should be balanced, hold a link to the Assassin-Templar war, and form a link to Desmond.

To pick a time period, it must be one where swords still have a place in combat. Do you remember how stupid the Templar sticks looked in AC2? 1917 is too late, so Russia should not be the next location.

China is most likely their next game anyway, as the rope darts and references are painfully obvious. I am unsure of how the factors I used last round will affect it, but at the end of the day, it's Ubisoft's decision. and we're only their fans.

Not sure how I was supposed to react to your response, but there you go. See you next round. Yours sincerely,

Duncan
mrmooney1916

Pro

It is clearly inevitable that a game will be set in China,but i dont think it will be the next one.

the last two assassins creed games were announced on the first tuesday in March,which means it will most likely be reaveled tomorrow.
i think it would be more sutibale to wait until tomorrow and if the game is announced,discuss the setting because it dosent make sense starting another round if the game is going to be announced in the meantime.

But finally im going to say im 99 percent sure its in russia because of the coordinates ac initias put on twitter
Duncan

Con

Duncan forfeited this round.
mrmooney1916

Pro

mrmooney1916 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

Duncan forfeited this round.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
We don't need more white people. Set it in Africa or Asia or South America.