GeekiTheGreat
Zach5714

Assassin's creed could have had a better story if they did not have Desmond and the animus.

GeekiTheGreat

GeekiTheGreat

Pro

First round is for acceptance, and if my Opponent would like to start on their first round they can.
I do believe that the video game series "Assassin's Creed" could have done much better with their story if at the beginning, the story only started with Altair Ibn La Ahad, and left out anything to do with the modern day Assassin's and Templar.
Zach5714

Con

I accept the challenge and will be debating for the significance of the Character Desmond and the use of the Animus
GeekiTheGreat

Pro

Thank you for accepting the debate. I believe that the only reason people in the gaming industry think that Assassin's Creed sequels are becoming less captivating, is because Ubisoft set up the story about Desmond at the beginning of the first game and had to stick with it for consistency. If ubisoft did not establish Desmond's story then they would be able to travel through history with different assassin's and not have to worry about lineage and connection between the assassins other then them existing.
Zach5714

Con

I can agree with my opponent that Desmond's purpose is to bring consistency. What I believe my opponent fails to understand is without Desmond, there would be no connection between all Altair, Ezio, Connor and now Edward in their new game in development. Without Desmond, we would be left with playing with Altair in the time period he is set around or we would be playing each game with new characters without any kind of fluidity. This would make each game seem like their own game, instead of how I feel the current system is where it is all leading up to something larger with each game. As a gamer, this makes me want to continue playing the game because I am invested in a storyline in where each is a chapter to be unveiled. I do not see how this would be possible if there wasn't a more established link between their characters as Desmond is.
GeekiTheGreat

Pro

!!!!****SPOILER ALERT****!!!!

I understand my opponents argument, and i understand why you would think that without him, the assassins would not be connected, but if you played all the games you would see (excluding the Desmond scenes) that previous assassin's are mentioned at least once in each game. I do not count the prologue before AC3. The only reason Desmond is still around is because Desmond was introduced in the first game. Ubisoft probably did not expect the AC creed series to become as popular as it has, and did not see Desmond as being something that would inhibit the progression of the past stories. As i agree with my opponent about the storyline aspect of the games, because i am the same way, i believe that AC2 - ACrevelations did this amazingly without the true need of Desmond, and by ACrevelations Ezio was pretty self sufficient and was not really doing anything to help Desmond's quest other then leaving the Animus induced coma. ACrevelations is proof that Desmond is not needed for the story to progress. Despite your opinions on the fourth main installment of the game, you cannot deny how well the story was told, without any real need of direct Desmond interaction, and the only reason you are ever Desmond is to learn the background of Desmond which is not needed by the time of ACrevelations.

If the only thing linking the past assassins is Desmond, then why is it that at the end of AC3 they kill of Desmond, and have announced AC Black Flag? This only means that Ubisoft knew they did not need Desmond, and killed him off for a new main character or they are not going to have anything to do with the present day assassins (which is unlikely do to what happened at the end of AC3). If Desmond was the only thing connecting Altair, Ezio, and Connor together, then why kill him off for Connor's grandfather? Wouldn't Connor's grandfather be one of Desmond's ancestors too sence he is of European decent?
Zach5714

Con

Zach5714 forfeited this round.
GeekiTheGreat

Pro

To be fair, i will let my opponent have more time by giving up my turn in this round and giving him another 3days.
Zach5714

Con

Zach5714 forfeited this round.
GeekiTheGreat

Pro

My opponent Forfeited Twice. Vote Pro
Zach5714

Con

Zach5714 forfeited this round.
Posted by J_Michael234 4 years ago
J_Michael234
hey i saw that you commented on my topic could you please vote no if u think they should not
Posted by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
Why do people accept debates and then they don't post...
Posted by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
Posted by Sleezehead 4 years ago
Sleezehead
The animus ads to it quite significantly but Desmond is just an I likable waste of a main character.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Could be interesting... I admit to having not followed them after they lost the game creator, and my favorite actress from the series.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
GeekiTheGreatZach5714Tied