XxDominatexX
TheKingDebater

Assisted suicide should be legalized

XxDominatexX

Con

This should be a hard debate to accept. Only accept this debate if you are really committed it.
1st round is Acceptance
2nd round is opening statement
3rd round is comebacks
4th round is saying thank you and letting people vote on the winner
XxDominatexX

Con

I would strongly like to make a apology I'm new to this debate.org thing and when i was clicked con I didn't notice it meant against on the right but i am pro.

I strongly feel that assisted suicide should be legalized; however, with legalization comes regulation. As someone who just experienced her great-grandmother wither away in her last few months, just waiting for death in the end, I argue that individuals who are ailing as such should not be forced to wait in agony. She had lived by herself until her 99th year of life, cooking, cleaning, and maintaining all her faculties until the end. She was always a fiercely independent woman who sacrificed her life for the benefit of helping others. Yet in the end, she had to miserably depend on others. This was not representative of the life she lived and had worked so hard for, and in my opinion it is unfair to have forced her to end her life in this way. Once she knew the end was near, she should have had the legal option to request a painless death with the assistance of the proper authorities (medical, etc.)If the constitution guarantees us the right to life, why should we not be allowed the legal opposite? Forcing one to live is just as unfair as forcing one to die.
TheKingDebater

Pro

I would like everyone to know that I have chosen this debate because I want to be pro for it, and I understand that my opponent is new on this website but it's still their fault for doing this. Not mentioning that my opponent has had 4 debates and I have has 2 so therefore, I am newer than him/her. Now I would like to kindly ask my opponent to argue for the part he or she has chosen and I would will argue for the side I've chosen.

Now for my main points:
Image that you have a rare disease that makes you suffer every minute you live. You can't move,can't breath and can't do anything, the only thing you feel is pain. You are on assistance for breathing and the only thing you do all day is stand in bed. Do you want this, staying on a bed the whole day and suffer every second of it? Instead with assist suicide you get rid of everything, the bed,the suffering and then your free. I am sure that your family members that are in heaven (RIP) will be very happy with your decision.

Second of all your family members will always worry about you. When your in the hospital they will always have their mind on you and they will always need to come and see you. It not only you that is suffering it's also your friends and family too. This will lead them to not working properly at work,not thinking normally, and not acting normally too. Soon enough they will become mental and this will never heal them. With assisted suicide you can just drink the supplement and then they will be happy that your not suffering and all their thoughts will erase.

Lastly keeping a family member in a comma or with a assist machine that helps their heart or help them breath is very expensive. It can go up to 10,000 USD per day. A normal household can't afford that, therefore in some countries the hospital will keep the patient and you will never see your family member ever again. So what's more worth it a cheap drink that helps rest the patience and they will lose all their pain or the patience still with the disease and pain taken way from you forever?

Thanks for reading my points and I hope that my opponent understands that the side you choose need to be the side you fight on or you can just forfeit all the rounds if you want.
XxDominatexX

Con

XxDominatexX forfeited this round.
TheKingDebater

Pro

I have no rebuttals because my opponent forfeited and was a bad sport.
Extend the argument.
XxDominatexX

Con

XxDominatexX forfeited this round.
TheKingDebater

Pro

The con didn't even do most of the rounds therefore I think choosing me is the best decision.
Thanks everyone for reading and I hope you choose wisely.