ConserativeDemocrat
DNehlsen

Assuming the Christian God Exists, is he Worthy of Worship?

ConserativeDemocrat has forfeited round #2.

ConserativeDemocrat

Con

Explanation:
In this debate, I will argue that the God of the Christian bible commits numerous atroicties and thus, isn't worthy of worship. Pro will need to argue that God deserves worship. Since the default position should be something isn't deserving of worship, the BoP is on Pro.

Rules:
1.) Cite your sources
2.) Be respectful
3.) NO TROLLING!
4.) Start your argument in the first round
5.) BoP is on Pro
6.) Start your arguments in the first round. Otherwise, I automatically win conduct

Good Luck!
DNehlsen

Pro

First off I would like to thank you for this debate, and I look forward to a productive discussion.

Since we are assuming God is real, we shall also assume Scripture provides an accurate account of history, in that it was inspired by him.

We're all God's creation, and we all fail to meet his glory, his standard. We have all sinned against him and thus fail to meet his standard. It is by his boundless mercy and grace that we're still alive to have this conversation. It is by his boundless mercy and grace that he paid for our crimes against him. If we do not accept that payment, and show honest remorse for said crime, what obligation to us does he have?

You see we worship because we need to, not because God needs to be worshiped. We are at a loss, and we have nothing of our own. We fixate upon that which we worship, we imitate what we fixate upon, and ultimately we become what we imitate.

Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.
-1 Corinthians 11:1

Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.
-2 Corinthians 3:5

So you say the burden of proof is on me, but really you're the one who needs to explain why we wouldn't pursue the one who is creator, Lord, author of our lives, constantly looking out for us, and protecting us.
Posted by missmedic 7 months ago
missmedic
Worshiping makes no practical difference in one's life over not worshiping, so why worship a god that is no necessary?
Posted by dsjpk5 7 months ago
dsjpk5
If we're assuming the God of the Bible exists, and we're trusting the events of the Bible actually took place, is it safe to assume we're trusting the entire Bible to be true... or will you be cherry picking which parts you accept?