EarthboundMisfit89
princeyuki

Astrology has Zero Merit

princeyuki

EarthboundMisfit89

Pro

I would like someone to try their best to explain to my why there is validity in the pseudoscience of astrology.

The earliest findings of astrologically related documents date back to approximately 2000 BC. Astrological beliefs stemmed from that point. So astrology is basically a belief that is derived from an era where human scientific advancement had hardly made any significant process. The people believed in it at the time, because they didn't know better.

Today, people still believe in astrology, even though we now know better than to believe in whimsical phenomenon that cannot be explained in scientific terms. At least the people of 2000 BC had a good excuse...

It's funny when I tell someone I'm a Gemini, and they say "oh, you're two faced and unorganized". It really gets to me how someone will actually base there judgement on someone based off of a widely discredited pseudoscience.

Agreeing with astrology is placing ancient beliefs and folklore above modern day science.

I think it's a big slap in the face to our achievement as a species to place an anti-scientific belief above the complex discoveries we have made; all so they can gratify their own childlike affinity for whimsy and fantasy.

If you believe you can successfully debate the validity of astrology with me, then please be my guest. Try refute the points I have already made, or state points that you believe cast some merit on astrology.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org...
princeyuki

Con

Astrology and other such beliefs are true, however I am a gemini myself and i take offense to that statement about being "two faced and unorganized" Gemini may not be "two faced and unorganized" as somebody who is truly ignorant has said to you, but that doesnt mean that horoscopes and other things aren't real.
EarthboundMisfit89

Pro

No this is not what makes astrology bogus. I mean, there are countless reasons why astrology is not real. Astrology's explanation contradicts physical laws as we know them today. There is always a chance our science is wrong, but even if our science is wrong, for it to be wrong in such a way that would allow for astrology.... Well those odds would just be almost infinitely small.

Tell me this... Who writes the horoscopes in newspapers? I'm guessing it's just some editor or journalist who quickly jots out 12 horoscopes. Or do newspapers hire some secret one eyed witchdoctor shaman to come in and write out his predictions every morning? Who's making these predictions?

If an editor just makes up random horoscopes, would you still believe in it?

Is there anything at all that suggests astrology could even possibly be real? If there is, I'd love to hear, it'd be super interesting.
princeyuki

Con

princeyuki forfeited this round.
EarthboundMisfit89

Pro

Do you understand the teachings of astrology? I mean, do you at least know the reasoning behind astrologists claim that star positions effect ones personality? Or do you just believe in it just cos?
princeyuki

Con

Yes I understand the teachings of astrology. Im not stupid, baka. =.=
EarthboundMisfit89

Pro

EarthboundMisfit89 forfeited this round.
princeyuki

Con

princeyuki forfeited this round.
EarthboundMisfit89

Pro

princeyuki

Con

princeyuki forfeited this round.
Posted by princeyuki 4 years ago
princeyuki
Well then.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Were this not your first debate I'd take this, and just argue astrology is fun and profitable, giving it a merit greater than zero.

But yeah, astrology is pretty lame.
Vote Placed by Walrus101 4 years ago
Walrus101
EarthboundMisfit89princeyukiTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. FF. FF. FF. One point for cat.