TheShadowPriest
Munchi

Asylum is the best movie company

Started: 10/10/2013 Category: Movies

TheShadowPriest

Pro

Asylum is really good because it takes movies that we already know and gives it a fresh new, wonderful taste, such as Transmorphers and Thor.
Munchi

Con

Asylum is the worst mock-buster company on the face of the Earth. They go so low as to selling DVDs when the movie is release. For example, Transmorphers came out in Bluray and DVD the day Transformers 2 came out.
TheShadowPriest

Pro

But Disney, one of the greatest film industries of all time have released and are still releasing direct-to-video/dvd movies. I think Asylum is just following in Disney's footsteps there.
Asylum brings new, energetic stories with their films. For example, "I am Omega" brought something new to the "I am Legend" universe. In the Will Smith movie, they had it set in New York, unlike the book, and they had a dog, unlike in the book. Asylum brought a good feel to it while updating. Asylum left it in the original city where it was intended to be. They also left out the dog and gave our main characters more development and screen time rather than focus on some animal.
Asylum leaves the acting to the actors in order to give us something unique. With some of the actors tripping over the sets, they give us a more realistic human emotions from these actors (with the actual and simple human clumsiness), which increases our connection with the characters they are playing.
Also, if Asylum's movies are so bad, than why have none of their films lost money? If they're so bad, than why have they never gotten a flop?
Munchi

Con

"Also, if Asylum's movies are so bad, than why have none of their films lost money? "

Think about what you said there. They have no competition in the movie industry, because they are that bad of a movie company.
TheShadowPriest

Pro

But if they are so bad, than why do they keep making money? Why do they seem to be the only ones that make money off of this system? The answer is that they are not, they've just perfected it.
They know that their four to six week writing time, two week pre-production, and four month production periods all give the script, actors, and crew the best and most raw of human emotions and looks and feels of the environments that they are in.
For example, in "Sunday School Musical," many of the characters go to sing out their woes and troubles on rooftops. Many people criticize this as they only use one roof to do so. However, I see it as some of the greatest cinematic scenes in movie history. It shows that all our griefs, worries, and troubles are all connected together, and that we have to work together to solve the problems of the world. The single rooftop is shown that with all the people of every background come together and sing and dance, we can have a true understanding of one another, in both of those art forms.
In "Paranormal Entity," Asylum brings us something that was never thought of in the so called greatest horror film of all time, "Paranormal Activity." They bring us some of the greatest acting I have ever seen. The story takes place in a home that is now haunted by ghosts, and so a mother and her daughter and son film all around their house, in order to catch the ghost on camera. This set up, though done before, gives us such great scares and story elements such as ghost feet on the ceiling and the mother writing something half on a piece of paper and half on the table while in a trance. Where does Asylum get this amazing creativity from?!
This is all due to their fantastic writers and crew that just make it all work together so well. Asylum also appeals to all groups, with religious movies, adult films, family films, fans of action, fans of plot, fans of fans, whatever you can name! Asylum truly can create a masterpiece of film. I wait for the day that Sharknado 2 and the next Mega Shark come onto ScyFy (one of the best channels on television by the way), and I just can't wait until Asylum is allowed to premier their films in theaters, so that all the world may enjoy them.
This is a dream that I dream.
Munchi

Con

"But if they are so bad, than why do they keep making money? Why do they seem to be the only ones that make money off of this system? The answer is that they are not, they've just perfected it."
*I must admit they DO make good money. But that doesn't make it a good movie company. They are corrupt and ruin the movie industry with their pitiful movies. Their mockbusters are often placed side by side with the DVD releases of the originals in the store so that people who are unaware fall into this money laundering trap. In the official IMDB.COM, the average rating of all their movies combined is 1.2/10

"Where does Asylum get this amazing creativity from?!"
*The original film.

"I wait for the day that Sharknado 2 and the next Mega Shark come onto ScyFy (one of the best channels on television by the way), and I just can't wait until Asylum is allowed to premier their films in theaters, so that all the world may enjoy them.
This is a dream that I dream."
*This must be a troll.