KingDebater
Jonbonbon

At least 40% of Ed Milliband should be female, to be in line with political correctness.

KingDebater

KingDebater

Pro

In the 2010 Green Party General Election manifesto, it was proposed that 40% of board members of larger companies should be required to be female within five years (1).

We all know that all the establishment parties are exactly the same, and tha of course, we need as much political correctness as possible (question that and you're a racist!), so these sorts of policies should be in the labour party.

The labour party does not apologize for using quotas (2). After all, it's only sexist when it benefits men, duh.

You cannot get higher up than the leader of a party, so it only makes sense to say that at least 40% of Ed Milliband should be female.

(1) http://www.greenparty.org.uk...
(2) http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Jonbonbon

Con

I would love to thank my good friend KingDebater for instigating this important and critical topic.

Anyway, onto my assert... I mean... arguments, shall we? No answer? Okay, that's what I like to hear.

1) Companies should at least have 100% men running them. Like, honestly, women have a job to do. We're back at home making the whole world run. If you want the world to stop then just take us out of the homes and put us in corporations like that. If you want the world to go superman style and start reversing its rotation, switch gender roles. Unfortunately, it will not make time go backwards. We'll just all die.

2) So this is a terrible idea. If the world stops rotating, we die. Why? Because we'll all be crushed under the force of gravity.

3) This is sexist. Hey, look, I'm not saying I don't appreciate chivalry, but you know I want the best for men too. I love my boyfriend, and other guys are alright I guess, but the point is that men should be able to do what they do best (which is businessing and politicking and stuff).

4) This law would have to assume that a company can even find enough women to make the board 40% women, and then what about board's that are like weird numbers that don't work? Are we going to through .45 of a woman in a seat and call it good? I hope that's a no.

Anyway, how about we give my opponent a round of applause for attempting to be politically correct, and then it would be super awesome and nice of you to give me a round of applause and maybe a vote when this is all done. Please do that actually. Both of them. Thank you.
KingDebater

Pro

I thank Con for accepting this debate.

"Companies should at least have 100% men running them."

It looks like we have a misogynist on our hands! Black Trans Lesbian Feminist Guards, cease him/her/xyr/preferred pronoun!

"Like, honestly, women have a job to do. We're back at home making the whole world run. If you want the world to stop then just take us out of the homes and put us in corporations like that. If you want the world to go superman style and start reversing its rotation, switch gender roles. Unfortunately, it will not make time go backwards. We'll just all die."

This would be true, but everyone knows that when people say that womyn (Yes, I said womyn, that wasn't a spelling mistake. Look it up you White CisHet Transphobic Misogynists!) make the world go round, it's just a saying. We know this because the world doesn't go round - it's flat - and the only reason gravity works is because the Earth is ascending at a constant rate (1).

"So this is a terrible idea. If the world stops rotating, we die. Why? Because we'll all be crushed under the force of gravity."

Excuse me, we obviously cannot be crushed under the force of gravity, because gravity is underneath us. That's why they say Gravity pulls you down, not pushes you down. duh.

"This is sexist. Hey, look, I'm not saying I don't appreciate chivalry, but you know I want the best for men too."

Oh dear. It looks like someone hasn't been attending all their/xhyr/preferred pronoun Gender Studies classes. What a misogynist, am I right, girls/boys/otherkins/preferred pronouns?

"This law would have to assume that a company can even find enough women to make the board 40% women, and then what about board's that are like weird numbers that don't work? Are we going to through .45 of a woman in a seat and call it good? I hope that's a no."

No, what we're going to do is make Ed Milliband 40% female. I mean, if we can put a man/woman/otherkin/preferred pronoun on the moon, then why can't we make someone 40% female, am I right?

"Anyway, how about we give my opponent a round of applause for attempting to be politically correct, and then it would be super awesome and nice of you to give me a round of applause and maybe a vote when this is all done. Please do that actually. Both of them. Thank you."

Err, excuse me - why does it have to be round? Why are you supressing me with society's impossible standards? Why can't I be whatever shape I like? Oh, help me, (perhaps with a vote and a £10 gift card) I feel so oppressed! :(

(1) http://theflatearthsociety.org...
Jonbonbon

Con

Jonbonbon forfeited this round.
Posted by CaptainSir99 2 years ago
CaptainSir99
I loved the reverse polarisation of this debate lol
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Jonbonbon
I'm sorry I should stop accepting debates when I'm not committed to them :P
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
KingDebaterJonbonbonTied
Reasons for voting decision: The arguments were about even. I'm just awarding conduct for the forfeit.