The Instigator
Crellin
Pro (for)
Tied
0 Points
The Contender
RebeccaMay
Con (against)
Tied
0 Points

At some point in time all of humanity will be dyslexic?

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 0 votes the winner is...
It's a Tie!
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 11/15/2013 Category: Science
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 394 times Debate No: 40627
Debate Rounds (5)
Comments (1)
Votes (0)

 

Crellin

Pro

This is assuming that time goes on for ever though. As dyslexia is a dominant gene if the human race carries on breeding then yes all human will eventual have dyslexia at some level.
RebeccaMay

Con

You are telling me that dyslexia is a dominant gene, however, your flaw comes when you state this. Because, your statement itself, is dominantly false. What evidence do you have that dyslexia is indeed a dominant gene? You yourself, being dyslexic, contradict this statement. Surely, if dyslexia is a dominant gene, which has obviously been passed through to you by your Dad, then both your brothers would have also been affected in some way or another by dyslexia? If dyslexia is the dominant gene, like you are telling me, then how on Earth is it physically possible that both your brothers weren't affected by it, yet you were?
On this basis, the dominant gene theory fails, meaning that your foundation for this debate also fails. You yourself are a prime example of how the dominant gene theory has failed.
Debate Round No. 1
Crellin

Pro

Right 1 dominant gene are normal 1/2 genes there for it's a 50/50 chance that the son/daughter of someone with dyslexia will have it there for it make's perfect sense that only me out of me and my two brothers have it. 2 It has been prove that dyslexia is a dominant gene, as it has a physical appearance on the brain.
RebeccaMay

Con

Yes, but by saying that 'all human will eventual have dyslexia at some level' you are implying that it is a certainty, however, you yourself have just declared that it is only a 50/50 chance that someone will pick up dyslexia. On this basis, how will all of humanity, at some point in the distant/near future, have dyslexia? They never will, because it isn't certain that they will get it, and my proof lies within my first argument, that yes, although dyslexia may be dominant, it doesn't mean it is certain, hence why only one of three children who could have possibly gotten dyslexia, got it.
Debate Round No. 2
Crellin

Pro

1 The face is that more people have dyslexia then actually know they do, as in come in many different form, and as there is a 50/50 chance of the child of some one that has it to have dyslexia the more the population grows the more people will have it and let say if two dyslexic people had a child there is a 75% chance the child will have dyslexia and a 25% that both of it's genes will have dyslexia so that is then the child it's self have children then there is now a 100% chance that thoughs children will have it. And 2 for all we now both my brothers or at lest one might, as dyslexia at a low level is very hard to spot.
RebeccaMay

Con

RebeccaMay forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 3
Crellin

Pro

Crellin forfeited this round.
RebeccaMay

Con

RebeccaMay forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 4
Crellin

Pro

Crellin forfeited this round.
RebeccaMay

Con

RebeccaMay forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 5
1 comment has been posted on this debate.
Posted by Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat 3 years ago
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat
Pro, you're arguing that dyslexia can be "hard to spot". Dyslexia is a diagnosed mental disability, and there is no evidence that it benefits the human race in any way. Therefore, even if your theory of it being passed on through a dominant gene is correct, dyslexic people still have a disadvantage compared with non-dyslexics, rendering them less likely to breed.
No votes have been placed for this debate.