FollowerofChrist1955
Verithenes

Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!

Verithenes has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

FollowerofChrist1955

Pro

What a lonely state to find oneself! Attend me brothers and sisters, hear the plight of those to whom all pity is to be given. This is a people, without hope? Without Faith, Without Forgiveness? Without common sense? With no visible nor foreseeable lifeline whatsoever! More is the pity, let our hearts be humbled for so too were we all, once upon a time. Let us turn our eyes to Heaven in utter thanks to Him who saves. Let us stand encircled around the damned and cast our lines into the tank of hopelessness which is the Life of atheism, and God willing let us snatch up and set the hook of reason, in a final attempt to shake them loose from their long slumber.

To you who accept this debate, you shall defend that which cannot "be" defended, the lunacy which is atheism. I of course shall demonstrate and define your madness.

If all goes as usual I shall lose this debate because the doomed will as history has shown, fail again to ascend to the elusive state of reason, choosing instead to "remain in their comatose state" still, if I can awaken even 1, the loss is well worth it.
Verithenes

Con

My opponent talks about common sense and tells us that he will define our madness but look who's talking. Christians believe that there is an all-powerful being that lives in the sky and if we're good, we'll go to were he lives. This is based on no scientific fact whatsoever. None at all. In fact, there are some people, creationists, who believe that the world was created by "God" 5-6000 years ago but there is scientific fact that shows that Earth has been around for a much longer time. And they actually believe that someone could create a planet. But even if we're not talking about creationism, there's still the people who think that a supreme being exists. A supreme being with a son who can walk on water. Unless this God or his son comes down and proves to us that he can do what he is fabled to do, I will not believe in something that we got from a book of myths.

And that's another thing, You have these people that take the bible literally but nobody's actually considered that it might be just another storybook. And as for being lonely, it is what it is. We can choose to accept we are going to die or we can live a sad and miserable life or we can live a life worshipping false gods. Atheists choose to take the hard truth and that's what they "believe". They have no need to come up with stories of an omnipotent God to explain things because that's where religion comes from. It started when our ancestors saw natural phenomena and had to explain it with something so they made stories to explain these things. Now, we have hard scientific fact that tells us what's actually going on. I will respect your religious beliefs but do not expect me to place my "faith" in something that we can't even prove exists.
FollowerofChrist1955

Pro

I shall attempt to not be too condescending, even though the bulk of atheist certainly are to believers. Look the fact is you're running out of time to choose, so it's imperative you snap out of it! So I'll be to the point!

Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities.

Arguments for atheism range from the philosophical to social and historical approaches. Rationales for not believing in deities include arguments that there is a lack of empirical evidence, the problem of evil; the argument from inconsistent revelations, the rejection of concepts that cannot be falsified, and the argument from non-belief. Although some atheists have adopted secular philosophies (eg. secular humanism), there is no one ideology or set of behaviors to which all atheists adhere. Many atheists hold that atheism is a more parsimonious worldview than theism and therefore that the burden of proof lies not on the atheist to disprove the existence of God but on the theist to provide a rationale for theism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

At onset the sheer absence of common sense in atheism immediately comes to the forefront of the argument. Stances which when viewed by normally rational person is quite literally "in your face" and yet? To the atheist,they are as invisible as the atom.

"Why" is the real question?

God, is the answer. Because God makes fools of those who reject Him. This is the fulfilling of this prophecy.

Romans 1

21"For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22"Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

How much clearer does it have to be. Bold statement to be sure, "but" is such a statement defensible? I say it can, and is.

We shall investigate the evidence together, before the very eyes of all atheist present now or future. Today shall empirical evidence of atheistic irrationality be made manifest. Today, let atheist be not so proud to "BE" atheist as it shall forever be synonymous with "fools"

Empirical evidence

Merriam-Webster defines this as :

:Originating in or based on observation or experience

:Relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory

:Capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment

Evidence#1: Lack of common sense and rational thought

Atheist do neither. Observe means to watch the religion in action, to observe its running, from within the chosen religion that is being evaluated, right? Any reasoned person can easily see the importance of this? Natural reasoning skills of the most basic, clearly demonstrate that listening to those actually, in and involved in those areas of religion with which lies their interest is both wise and prudent.

Nope not to an atheist, he won't self evaluate and won't listen to people in the religion as evidenced by my opponents immediate attack in his acceptence. Irrationality- Can't evaluate a religion if you refuse to experience it. Appropriately evaluating a belief structure from without is impossible .... so atheist do nothing.

Once informed of the impending punishment awaiting those who refuse to acknowledge their God, it remains (though not rational, and obviously not intelligent) the right of the offender to choose to NOT seek Him. However for this individual to profess that God does not exist passing oneself off as a person of knowledge of the subject matter, is irresponsible and unconscionable.

Evidence# 2 :Lack of common sense and rational thought

Experiments

To conduct right? Means going into the religion and participate to determine value, effectiveness, credibility... personal experience, effects on the observer? Right?

Again, nope not to an atheist. Won't go near it. ??????? What's the deal with that?

How do you evaluate from experiments you "refuse" to conduct? In light of the severity of punishment, is this rational.

Evidence# 3 :Lack of common sense and rational thought

Argument from inconsistent revelations, also known as the avoiding the wrong hell problem, is an argument against the existence of God. It asserts that it is unlikely that God exists because many theologians and faithful adherents have produced conflicting and mutually exclusive revelations.

Avoiding the "wrong" HELL?

"IF" you do not search each religion to find out which IS correct ..... Your "DEFINITELY" going to the Hell that IS correct? Right ? Cause your "not" looking? I mean that's pretty much in your face kinda truth, yeah? How did atheist conclude no search no Hell?

Kinda like wearing a parachute on a plane that's going down, but you don't know which door to jump out, so you STAY IN THE PLANE? Hey, "Pick a door" if it don't lead out, You what? "Yeah", you pick another door! logical right?

Nope, not to an atheist. In their view no look no consequence? What?

Evidence# 4 :Lack of common sense and rational thought

Rejection of concepts that cannot be falsified.

Evolution- completely false, proven false by experimentation by scientist no less! They did however prove life COULD NOT have evolved naturally so that is to their credit.

Easily provable!

Name for the world, just 1 bacteria or microbe that evolved into a living, air-breathing, mammal, insect, fish, crustacean, by evolutionary experimentation? or under any circumstance for that fact? Let alone evolving into 8 million distinctly different species.

If it couldn't become one not gonna become 8 million distinctly differnt species is it! Are we learning yet?

Point is this IS something that cannot be falsified, yet bought by every atheist on the planet! And the evidence that still is a lie remains right in front of them!

Evidence# 5 :Lack of common sense and rational thought

Argument from nonbelief is a philosophical argument that asserts an inconsistency between the existence of God and a world in which people fail to recognize him.

I'm sorry, this gives me a duh factor. Why "would" a God you refuse to acknowledge, refuse to respect, refuse to be thankful for, refuse to listen to, make fun of, "choose" to acknowledge you? Oh Please!

Course atheist never tell anyone they've never actually "looked" for God! That a person who never bothers to look can even attempt to use this argument is irrational.

Evidence# 6 :Lack of common sense and rational though

Occam's razor ("law of parsimony") is a problem-solving principle attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287"1347), who was an English Franciscan friar, scholastic philosopher and theologian. yeah, science alright!

Clearly many did not bother to read its description any further, causing yet another "duh" factor from me. The rest of the story is:

In the scientific method, Occam's razor is not considered an irrefutable principle of logic or a scientific result;

Unless of course your an atheist!

Evidence# 7 :Lack of common sense and rational though

Burden of proof lies not on the atheist to disprove the existence of God but on the theist to provide a rationale for theism.

This of course is the greatest of atheist complete inability to demonstrate even a modicum of reason! Allow me to prove beyond all doubt that this is so.

Holder of the burden

When two parties are in a discussion and one makes a claim that the other disputes, the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim especially when it challenges a perceived status quo.

Total believers in the World as of 2010. , 6.67 Billion people. Status quo

Total non believers 1.1 Billion people not the status quo

It is the Atheist who are challenging the status quo, not the believers.

I therefore:

Shift the burden of proof

One way in which one would attempt to shift the burden of proof is by comitting a logical fallacy known as the argument from ignorance.

Atheist have clearly demonstrated an arguement of ignorance by the false belief that THEY ARE the status quo, when verifiable population and census, show that Believers are the status quo by a 6:1 ratio. 99+ percent of the population demonstrates active worship of God. That is the staus quo, not the nonbeievers.

Evidence# 8 :Lack of common sense and rational though

but even if it were reasonable for Theist to provide a rationale for theism.

Word picture hear: imagine a old fashion balance or weight scale. Put 1.1 Billion people on one side, that side will clearly drop to the bottom. Now drop 6.67 Billion on the outer plate, I dare say the 1.1 Billion would be "launched" into the great beyond.

If that is not enough rationale for them to at the very least consider looking for God. Well I guess you are an atheist, huh?

As to Earth age? Do the math for yourself, stop listening and reading everybody elses work. Do your own.

Census of the United States in 1790 was 3,929,214 Beginning of Census , that increased to 323,928,727 million by 2016, thats and increase of 319,999,513 over a 226 year timespan.

Our species was distinguished about 200,000 years ago.

www.universetoday.com/38125/how-long-have-humans-been-on-earth/

dividing 226 into 200,000 is 884.9, taking just the amount increased in the U.S alone multiple 319,999,513 by 884.9

Remember thats only the U.S, and there are only 7+ Billion people on the whole Earth now.

QUESTION: IF science is right? Where are all the people? go figure, guess the scientist didn't do the Math EITHER huh?

Posted by Frost_Fire 11 months ago
Frost_Fire
Desert, you speak like a misguided 8 year old. Who uses "lol" and emoticons such as ":)". I think you are just trying to get on the nerves of serious debaters of this site. Its also funny because you are supporting the side of the argument that forfeited the debate.
Posted by Desert 11 months ago
Desert
I choose to be eternally damned in your mind, because if I won't we won't have that much fun together. Am I right, sweetheart? ;)
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 11 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
s it not humorous that a intelligent mature human being, views another persons attempt to help them as some sort of self benefiting measure. How can one reconcile the belief that these people are doing this for some sort of selfish gain. As if they receive some kind of bonus, or gift or monitory profit for the saving of your skin?

Where is the reason in such thinking? I've yet to see a believer receive a thing, save the knowledge that one more person shall not have to go to the fiery pit of Hell. I've attempted to determine what reason the atheist has for fighting against saving his own skin? Is sin so pleasing, so worth while, so desirable that they willingly sacrifice their souls to the flames of Hell, for a moments fleshly pleasure that is here on moment ,gone the next. Hells flames are never ending, they burn perpetually, with no easement even after a billion years.

Thus is the eternal environment to which the atheist and unbelieving are consigned.
con"sign
deliver (something) to a person's custody
synonyms:assign, allocate, place, put, remit, commit
synonyms:send (off), courier, dispatch, transmit, convey, mail, post, ship
assign; commit decisively or permanently.
synonyms:send to, deliver to, hand over to, turn over to, sentence to;

The meaning is clear......no hope of escape! So be sure ... eternally safe or eternally damned, your choice.
Posted by Desert 11 months ago
Desert
I am hypocrite, you say. How so?

And why are you so aggressive? Are all the brainwashed who preach like robots nonsense the same?

Good try to troll me, mate. I have been in similar rodeos in the Internet and all trolls leave traits to be identified. So, I understand the game and I will just keep messing with you. :)
FollowerofChrist1955
Desert;
So sad. That is completely ignorant, you will be screaming not talking. "Why?"
You are a hypocrite, I ask you, WHERE was that compassion when the atheist, denigrated God. WHERE was that stand for something attitude, when God was under attack. When God waited for you to show you had a heart of flesh, instead of that lump of stone residing in you.

Matthew 25;
40 And the King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me." 41 Then He will say to those on His left, "Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Posted by Desert 11 months ago
Desert
"Remember in eternity? Yeah, that statement will haunt you forever, repeating itself audibly as you suffer throughout the fiery Lake of Fire. So sad, perhaps, Christ will have pity on you and send another if not? I did try.

bye :("

So I will suffer in a lake of fire, because I told you that you're brainwashed? That proves my point.

And why do you think that God favours your agressive behaviour? Maybe, you'll go in that lake of fire before me. I will see you there afterwards and I will ask you "how about that heat?".

LOL
FollowerofChrist1955
jo154676 ;
That is a 100% true! Unfortunately, you don't have the Holy Spirit with which to understand its true implication.

Which means you would just misunderstand my answer, which would not help you. Rephrase the question, I may be able to answer it another way.
FollowerofChrist1955
jo154676;

Also you say God doesn't force you to join him, but then you say that people that don't see enough evidence to believe in him are going to burn in a lake of fire forever, how can you call that god benevolent or loving?

uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh! mustn't LIE?

Can't see what you do not wish too see, can't find what you do not search for. I know that statement is a lie, because God says, man is without excuse BECAUSE, He has made Himself known in His creation.

right here; Romans 1
God"s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity
18"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

19"since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
20"For since the creation of the world God"s invisible qualities"his eternal power and divine nature"have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

You see? How do I know it's true? Because the moment I or rather God found ME, I noticed everything God was talking about, and understood plainly Why I would have gone to Hell, had I died unsaved.

I'll bet you can testify to this yourself. Atheist give all credit for Gods creation to who? Uh-huh - evolution and scientists. God proved evolution was not true, but the atheist refuse to accept hard proof. Unless of course you seriously want people to wait a Billion years to SEE if that microbe, becomes a living breathing animal.
Course you would have BEEN in Hell, a Billion years minus what 70 years, or 80 years ... depending when you died. So you see why waiting to SEE, might not be, lets say, the smart thing to do?

The worse part is that atheist DO NOT LOOK, for God, but insist on proof, they refuse to find. That's not lack of proof, that's proof of lack of wanting to find God, and that is on you.
Posted by jo154676 11 months ago
jo154676
You didnt really answer the question, all you said is that they would be punished, but why would an omniscient god allow these people in? Your God is supposed to know the dog is going to do this before it happened.
FollowerofChrist1955
jo154676;
Free will in Heaven? Yes.

Another question, is there free will in heaven? Because if there is then what stops someone from committing an evil act?

you would never understand, because you do not Know God. But I'll attempt to explain it in a manner human's can understand. Using a word picture: Ready?

You walk past a pen, there sits a dog, quiet, non aggressive by all appearances, the dog comes up to the fence, you pet it, nothing big, all is well. On one occasion, after months go by, you walk up to the fence, pet the dog, without thinking you open the cage door, and the dog mauls you, causing horrendous injuries, disfigurements, extreme pain and long-term suffering.

What are the chances that YOU WILL EVER open the cage door of THAT dog ever again?

Satan and 1/3 rd Angels fell. 200 other Angels sinned, against God. Their punishment was SO SEVERE that the Angels of Heaven "trembled"

put into prospective, World history. 1 Angel Killed 187,000 soldiers in a day. We're not talking weaklings here. Angels ... ALL angels are very powerful. God punished 200 of them so badly that ALL the Angels of Heaven "trembled".
yeah! Not going to happen, not ever again.

If you want to know more on the subject ; Samyaza was the leader of those 200 Angels.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Great questions, keep them coming?