TheGerman
Lupricona

Atheism is a more rational concept than Theism.

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

TheGerman

Pro

Hello everyone, this a religious debate, I hope for a good one!

Let's start with the definitions:

Atheism- a disbelief in the existence of deity. [1]

Theism- the belief that God exists or that many gods exist. [2]

Rational- based on facts or reason and not on emotions or feelings. [3]

Therefore, in order for Con to win this debate, he/she must prove that most likely God exists, therefore making Theism more rational than Atheism. I will also do the same, BOP will be shared.

Rules

1. Under no circumstances should there be any inappropriate language, or swear words.

2. BOP is shared.

3. Con must prove most likely God exists to establish that Theism is more rational than Athiesm. I must do the same for Atheism.

4. No debating in the comments.

5. This debate should be impossible to accept, so message me to accept this debate, if you accept it, it's a forfeit automatically.

6. 72 hours to argue, 10 day voting, 10,000 characters.

7. Try to cite your sources as best as you can, using [1] or (1) or just plain putting the link after your information.

8. Voters will choose who won using the "select winner" voting option.

9. If you forfeit the round, you will be able to make it up by messaging me. But you better do so quick, because I might post my argument. If there is a forfeit, proceed to argue unless a message is received. For example, my opponent forfeits, he/she messages me saying they had a stomach bug and could not debate, I pass the round, and he/she constructs an argument. If no message is received within at least a day, do not pass the round, you can argue.

10. First round can be acceptance or you can come out arguing, your choice.

Failure to follow these rules will be an automatic warning, after 3 warnings you will forfeit the debate, and I auto win.

Let's have a good one!

Lupricona has shown interest in accepting this debate, and I thought this would be a good challenge for me, so he is my opponent.

Citations:

[1]- http://www.merriam-webster.com...

[2]- http://www.merriam-webster.com...

[3]- http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Lupricona

Con

Because my opponent stated that we have a shared BOP, and so that we also have an equal amount of debating rounds, I will use this round for acceptance.

Thank you, Pro, for choosing to accept me in this debate. I hope to provide or you an adequate challenge, and look forward to an engaging debate!
TheGerman

Pro

TheGerman forfeited this round.
Lupricona

Con

My opponent did not supply his opening arguments. I hope that this was not my opponent's intention, and that he will be available for the subsequent rounds. I will wait for the next round to present my opening arguments.
TheGerman

Pro

TheGerman forfeited this round.
Lupricona

Con

It does not appear that my opponent will make any arguments. I am sorry for this missed opportunity for debate.
TheGerman

Pro

TheGerman forfeited this round.
Lupricona

Con

Lupricona forfeited this round.
TheGerman

Pro

TheGerman forfeited this round.
Lupricona

Con

Lupricona forfeited this round.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
Alderon_Thenord's lack of belief, his disbelief has made him lack in cognitive regonition of the topic, and disappreciation fo the concept being evaluated. Atheism is in fact a Belief that there is no deity.
DO some math. 1=1
1+1-1=1
0+1=1
2-1=1

they are allt he same thing.
a lack of belief = beleif in the negative.
Posted by TheGerman 1 year ago
TheGerman
I've narrowed it down to thesisuspirit, jbradshaw95, CJames, Bob13, and Lupricona. I will choose one of you once I get off of work, be ready for a debate challenge.
Posted by Alderon_Thenord 1 year ago
Alderon_Thenord
Atheism is simply the lack of beliefs. It is not a belief in itself.
Posted by TheGerman 1 year ago
TheGerman
I will pick someone tomorrow guys, I'm busy today. Nonetheless, be ready for a challenge, it could be anyone who wanted to debate.
Posted by TheGerman 1 year ago
TheGerman
ZBestDebater, if you are so confident, debate me.
Posted by TheGerman 1 year ago
TheGerman
@FourTrouble In case you didn't notice, the definition I posted was "based on facts or reason and not on emotions or feelings." So that's an irrelevant accusation.
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
It's funny, because all Gods have an equally possible chance of existing- Meaning CON cannot prove that God is less likely to exist, and failure to prove the one side does not help the other one. The Bible can be considered a "tie breaker" that makes chances of a specific God existing higher, but that'd be Ad Hominem. You can't really win, and I bet that CON was only planning to commit Ad Lapidem and tell Theists that since their God is not more likely to exist than to not exist, it automatically makes the opposite correct- and then claim that Atheism is more logical.

Classic Atheists.
Posted by thesisuspirit 1 year ago
thesisuspirit
I'm new on here! Pick me! Plus, I have had a very open mind when it comes to researching God so I think I have formed a unique perspective on the side supporting the rationality in the belief in God.
Posted by Mhykiel 1 year ago
Mhykiel
I'll debate you. Pick me please.
Posted by FourTrouble 1 year ago
FourTrouble
I don't see why something must be "more likely than not" to be rational. That's a dumbass definition.