Torvald
luner124

Atheism is for ignorance.

Torvald

Torvald

Con

You will pardon any unfamiliarity I bear with the format of this site, having just joined.

Having received much condemnation and contempt for atheism from my religious friends, I am curious exactly what it is that theism has on atheism. It has been called ignorant and foolish, pathetic and petty, and a host of other colorful descriptions. I wish to discuss the issue in civil debate, where someone will not fly off the handle in response to legitimate points.
luner124

Pro

so are you for atheist or not anyway good luck
Torvald

Con

I am in the Con position. That means I am arguing against the stance that Atheism is a belief of ignorance. You, as being in the Pro position, are arguing for it, that atheism is based upon ignorance. Good luck to you as well.

I shall open with the simple point that the sheer lack of evidence for the existence of any deity makes theist illogical.
It was my intent that the proper opening argument be made by the Pro, but since it is too late for that, you shall simply have to make your case now.
luner124

Pro

no bro. i know your tricks, i am going to say somthing and you going to ask for proof and in this instant there is none! that is why you asked for me to go first and you didient start in round 2!

sure i may be wrong but yourl have to prove me wrong AFTER you start next round:)

thank you and prepare for a beat down!

ps. talk so the average person can understand you, might get more points in your favour!
Torvald

Con

I do not have any tricks. However, if someone were to champion the idea that unicorns are real, it would not be the job of the Con to prove that unicorns are not real, it would be the job of the Pro to prove that they are real. You can't march in here and tell me to disprove God's existence. That is not even the subject of the debate.

Now, on the actual subject of the debate, that atheism is for ignorance: my case is simple, and I shall, since the Pro seems reluctant to make a case for why atheism is a position of ignorance, expand upon my previous point, that in the lack of evidence, among a chaotic mob of different and conflicting religions, the position that the supernatural and the occult are unnecessary in explaining the existence and functions of the universe is the most logical.

(Ps. The manner in which I speak is my normal manner, and I am who I am. If others are unable to comprehend my vernacular, they should further their education to the point that they are able.)
luner124

Pro

luner124 forfeited this round.
Torvald

Con

Well, that certainly was very highly abrupt!
luner124

Pro

luner124 forfeited this round.
Torvald

Con

I shall now make my closing statement.

Atheism is not a position of ignorance, but one of logic. My opponent has shown that there is no opposition for this. Good day, to the Pro, and good day, to the audience!
luner124

Pro

luner124 forfeited this round.
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
To my dear fellow the Contender, 'luner124,' if your strategy is to wait for the time to run out before submitting any arguments, I do not believe you shall make a very convincing case.
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
Actually, I did put it up, but it seems 'deathbeforedishonor' has accepted it before you. After that one is resolved, I shall recreate it, or do so now, if you so desire.
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
Awesome. I'll accept when you put it up.
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
@Nur-Ab-Sal, I'll start a new one, with that as the primary topic.

@Ahmed.M, there is not a spelling mistake. It is not intended to be plural. It is intended to catch attention, and is completely correct, grammatically, syntactically, and in spelling.
Posted by Ahmed.M 4 years ago
Ahmed.M
your debate title has a spelling mistake. It should be "Atheism is for the ignorant".
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
If you change the title of the debate so that it's not misleading, I'll accept.
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
So if I accept this debate we'll be arguing the existence of God?
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
Sure, why not.
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
So you want to debate whether or not the stance of atheism is "ignorant"? That really depends on the person advocating atheism. You could just make it simply an argument over the existence of God.
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
It is, I admit, a highly general topic. The reason it is so is that I do not know exactly what the general theist consensus about atheism is, for it has been so jumbled. I have been quoted a myriad of inaccurate 'evidence,' angry rants, insults to my intelligence, and unintelligible thrashings about.

My intent for the debate is to discuss atheism itself, its concepts and such, more than unrelated characteristics of individuals who are atheists.
Vote Placed by Rayze 4 years ago
Rayze
Torvaldluner124Tied
Vote Placed by Smithereens 4 years ago
Smithereens
Torvaldluner124Tied