gherkin
vi_spex

Atheism is not theism

gherkin

gherkin

Pro

I'm just going to finish this debate quickly, since you seem to want to prove your point with multiple debates about this topic I'm ending it. The A in atheism is a root word which means "without" (don't try and deny it like you have before.). Theism basically means your religious. Now if you put the root word A and theism together you get atheism which means "without religion". Leave the site you idiot, you handle your debates like 12 year old. Absolutely no thought put into them at all.
vi_spex

Con

is it true that im holding a rock in my hand? you have to imagine it

atheism is disbelief, belief that god is false, and belief is theism, therefore believing god is false is being a theist, to god, information
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
A=all that can possibly be experienced
B=wings that can fly, bee butterfly bat bird bug
C=to be seeing with the third eye, my ability to see
Posted by gherkin 2 years ago
gherkin
wow. I get back on after a while and my poll has blown up. Anyway for those of you who don't agree or don't understand the point I was stating I will explain. For the past couple of weeks I've seen atleast two debates where vi_spex stated atheism is theism. He continued to state that basically the word "A" means everything and all or something like that and that atheism is therefore theism. So I posted in the comments section that the "A" is a root word and he denied it many times. So I got started on this debate and now where here. So if you didn't understand it at first it was simply a goal to make a fool out of vi_spex and his ridiculous debates.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
I agree religion is false, god is false
Posted by palmkrawler 2 years ago
palmkrawler
My mom is Jewish. She believes in God and accepts she is going to heaven (though she never attends temple)

My sister is evangelical and accepts that our mom is going to hell but SHE is going to heaven.

My brother is Mormon. Don't even get me started.

God made things even worse by sending down Jesus. He split the religions up even more, made things even more divisive. Yeah, let's do that! Let's mess them up even more.

Looking at ALL the religions, it is so painfully obvious religion and God is a construct of man.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
any word that start with the letters COM is in a mode of separation
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
commen sense is false

sense=physical experience of now
Posted by palmkrawler 2 years ago
palmkrawler
BTW: I would 100% of the time choose being the ultimate skeptic to being the ultimate push over.

When something goes against common sense, I call BS on it. And I always will. I did that when I was 10 years old. and I continue to do so today.

There is not common sense to a mind reading entity that created the earth out of nothing that has ALWAYS been here and wants to give us presents (heaven) if we do what he says but punishes us (hell) for not doing what he says when he has not even given us a clear picture of what he actually wants. With 35000 different Christian sects, other worldwide religions, so many people having so many different answers. This will send you to hell. No, this will...no this will..no if you want to get to heaven do this..no he's wrong, do this..no this. Really? He supposedly created such order with the universe and yet we has so much chaos here?? Makes absolutely no sense.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
no offense
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
zenocitium I think you took a required hit of a non optional batch
Posted by palmkrawler 2 years ago
palmkrawler
There is no evidence anyone was reincarnated.

True, if you are trying to assert that I am in the movie "The Matrixx" and so how can I know they keyboard is real, sometimes our senses can be fooled. But, the keyboard is real. it is here. I can see it. The scientific evidence would be to hit someone on the head with it and hear them saw "ouch". That would be evidence enough for me that it is real.

I am not the ultimate skeptic. But, unlike worshipers for a religion, I am open to real hard evidence. Even if a believer of Christ were to be shown hard evidence that Christianity is a sham, they would still not accept it. Nothing can make them change their mind. And because what they believe in does not reside in reality, it is very safe for them.

There is a reason why children are exposed to religion at an age before they develop their critical thinking skills. Imagine how many people would be religious if people weren't introduced to even the thought of religion or God until after they had developed critical thinking skills. Religion would die out within an millennia, if not sooner.

A testimony is a story. There is a lot of debate about writings and when they were actually written and
what they said. And yes, the King James version was indeed re-written and translated and approved by the King. I wonder what they changed or left out? Takes a lot of faith.............

These manuscripts say they ate testaments but they could have easily been stories. Many of the stories resemble other stories passed down a log time before Jesus's time. Even the story of Jesus resembles older stories.

I was never exposed to religion when I was a child. Thank Joe Pesci for that. I did learn about religion when I was 10 or 11. Went to a church here, a temple there. Found really no differences in most of the world's religions. Different characters, same stories. Found the thought of God not to match what the Bible says he does. Very unjust, very unloving, very human.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
gherkinvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were incoherent and he was trolling.
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
gherkinvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Spot on, Pro! Vi_spex isn't taking his debates seriously, good job telling it to him!
Vote Placed by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
gherkinvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: S&G: Con didn't capitalize anything. Arguments: As soon as I can decipher what the f*ck Con's point was, and how it pertains to this debate, I'll be more in depth.
Vote Placed by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
gherkinvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't think Con presented a very good argument lol
Vote Placed by InnovativeEphemera 2 years ago
InnovativeEphemera
gherkinvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Clear win, aside from conduct. Some incoherent babble about a rock, which I imagine was drawn from the God-holding-rock disbelief proof but this was very poorly extrapolated by Con. No attempt at constructing an argument, just reasserting his position.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
gherkinvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con an idiot, so conduct to Con. Cons s and g was atrocious, so s and g to Pro. Con's arguments were non-sensical, so arguments to Pro.