thefamousgrouse
moazmoaz

Atheism is the paramount belief to hold on a religious level.

thefamousgrouse

Pro

Atheism is a more, rationalized look at the universe. To think that an omnipresent being was responsible for creating the entire, infinitely expanding universe, is not a sustainable theory in today's modern society. Why?
1. Evolution has been proven through genetics, and micro-evolution.
2.If God is so omnipresent and in full control, why does he not prevent disease, famine and starvation/malnutrition?
3. "All religions are made by men"- King Napoleon Bonaparte. there is wisdom in those words; if God is the true deity, why do several thousand others exist?
I cannot disprove God's existence, but I can certainly believe that it is most improbable,
Whoever takes part in this debate, thank you for your time, and I hope I am worthy enough for a good debate!
moazmoaz

Con

You quoted Napoleon Bonaparte, saying that "All religions are made by men.". Although your claim is somewhat true, it is more false. You can say that all religions are made by men in the sense that they are delivered to us by another humanoid, another person, just a man. However, there is usually said to be a divine being guiding said human. I am not saying all religions are real, I am not saying all religions are fake. What I am saying is, you have to analyze each religion closely to determine if atheism is truly the most rational look at the universe. I have studied Islam for a long period of time and I have found that the Koran does not specifically mention how things are done. It says that god created the universe, it does not say how god created the Universe. Right now I don't believe there is a theory to how our universe was turned from NOTHING, I mean NOTHING, Into what it is today. You can say that god produced some particles and slowly started what we know as the Big Bang Theory, he could have instructed the atom and told them what to do. I'd like you to think about that because it really does show that our advances in technology really do not prove anything, sure we think that we were constructed by evolution but we don't even know that for sure. Although I do somewhat acknowledge evolution, I still have my doubts.
This time you said "If God is so omnipresent and in full control, why does he not prevent disease, famine and starvation/malnutrition" This one will be much easier to explain. Really, in the Islamic faith god is testing you, he is seeing what you can do in tight situations. God will give many hardships to people and if they are impossible to get by, they get a "free pass" to heaven. God also can use any form of hardship to punish those who are bad. You may be thinking "Well how come some atheists have it all good then?" That's because God also wants to see if you will stick with the faith you were supposed to. He will see if you trust the sacred words of the Koran and he will see if you can withstand any pain. Usually if you are good and you don't go quitting on Islam, you will receive a reward, whether it's during your afterlife or during your life now.
Evolution has not been completely proved, I believe it is still just a theory and not a law. When something is a law that means any question you ask can be answered but there are still a list of unanswered questions that can be asked about evolution.
thefamousgrouse

Pro

thefamousgrouse forfeited this round.
moazmoaz

Con

moazmoaz forfeited this round.
thefamousgrouse

Pro

Sorry I have been away all weekend without wifi, so I will remake the exact same debate and we can argue it properly. Sorry it sounds pretty dodgy like I'm trying to a avoid losing but I think it would be fair for. E to actually defend myself. I'll go from round 2 onwards with round three if that sounds good to you and I will even argue with you again.

Many thanks
moazmoaz

Con

moazmoaz forfeited this round.
Posted by thefamousgrouse 3 years ago
thefamousgrouse
To Cheyennebodie,

I think you may need to research into the Big Bang theory. With actual scientific context, we are around T-36 seconds to the point of 00:00, so when you say we are not near the beginning of life, I would disagree. In terms of your reply to my quotation, you have just promoted your religion rather than actually providing any evidence, and played the same " I have a moral high ground" card every person I've played, who is religious does. It sickens me that you insult my beliefs; in this debate all I would care for is an actual talk on views, and where the conflicting areas are, because that is interesting. I'm not here to change your view, and I'm not here to diss Christianity or Islam, I'm simply holding this debate because it is good fun to discuss this controversial topic. It does not need dirt or ignorance to be thrown around in it.

To LogicalLunatic, your arrogance and disrespect should be put in a certain orifis. Obviously I would use more colourful language, but I would rather conserve my account on this site than throw dirt at you.

To GoOrDin,

Then why do people still suffer today in Africa, South America and Asia? Also on the contrary Atheism is not a promoter of ignorance. It may not accept religion, but that does not automatically make it ignorant. I could say religion is also ignorant as it does not include scientific studies or references in sacred scriptures. And another thing, please provide evidence before you start insulting my views, and claiming they promote things while being ignorant of how Atheism works.

Thank you all for your unsupported, and frankly, uncalled for comments.
Posted by GoOrDin 3 years ago
GoOrDin
Atheism promotes only bad things. Promoting it promotes political injustice, neglectful relationships, self destruction, and ignorance in the condition of aiding one another.
Posted by GoOrDin 3 years ago
GoOrDin
disease: God proved the wisdom to avoid disease.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 3 years ago
LogicalLunatic
"Evolution has been proven through genetics, and micro-evolution." I need to tell Lannan about this one. It's perfect material.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
You did say one thing that is true. Religions are manmade.God is not religious, never has been. All you have to do to know that is look at Jesus. It was the religious folks that hated jesus.Not the common people.One thing that atheism does not go near, the beginning of life. Where did it come from,how did it start. There has never been any observed spontaneous start of life. Life only comes through already living things. And that is the brick wall you atheists run into every time.You skirt around it with your evolution nonsense. But it always comes back to challenge your beliefs.
I myself are in awe of anyone who would have the kind of faith it would take to believe that life just popped out of something that did not already have life in it.Amazing.