straightup.gong
spraven

Atheism vs Christianity

spraven has forfeited round #2.

straightup.gong

Pro

I am atheist, but I don't necessarily want a debate. I just want a Christian or someone who agrees with Christian views and opinions, or just something with God. Just express your views on certain social situations such as abortion, sexuality, etc. I'm interested in educating myself more about religions. So if you want to educate me on this topic, please accept and let's get this going.
spraven

Con

At first I was not going to take this " debate ", But I am getting sick of liberals on politics. I would say be better with the topic but thank you for posting.
straightup.gong

Pro

Thank you for accepting. So if you don't mind, please tell me the views of Christianity. I'm kind of confused by what I hear. Different people say different things and I've tried to research it, but nothing is reliable besides, of course, the Bible. So I've been getting different opinions and views from various people from many minorities and comparing them. I'm honestly trying to educate myself about many religions for future controversy.
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
non authority is not authority
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
god is not real
Posted by kwagga_la 2 months ago
kwagga_la
The reason you are probably hearing conflicting stories from people who claim to be Christians is final authority. If you and I can identify what our final authority is then all matters will be settled according to that authority. Many Christians do not have the same final authority and therefore express conflicting views. Catholics regard the Pope and Church as the final authority, liberals regard experience as their final authority, evangelicals claim the Bible as their final authority but the versions they use differs from the one used by the early Christians and some claim direct revelation from God as their final authority (too many examples to mention). My final Authority is the Hebrew and Greek texts that can be found in a KJV1611.