jonathangoering
ZakOak

Atheism vs Theism

jonathangoering

Pro

I am a Christian and I believe that God does exist. There is no other God besides Him. I believe this because of what the Bible says and how it is 100% truth and how He has revealed Himself to man not just through His Word but also through His creation and intelligent design.
ZakOak

Con

Well, i bite. Present your case.
jonathangoering

Pro

jonathangoering forfeited this round.
ZakOak

Con

It is clear that my opponent came here to preach, not to debate.

Bible isn't 100% truth. I give one example. There was never a world wide census by Romans (some translations claim it to be local, but that's not what it says in original language.). Judea wasn't even a Roman providence at that time, so it wouldn't even be included in census. The way the census is described is also against the Roman way (Bible's claimed way of census would be impractical and logistical nightmare). Census story was made up so that a certain messianic prophecy could be fulfilled.

There are many other examples, but i need just this one to debunk the claim of 100% truthiness of the Bible.
jonathangoering

Pro

jonathangoering forfeited this round.
ZakOak

Con

ZakOak forfeited this round.
Posted by ZakOak 1 year ago
ZakOak
Well, that was easy.
Posted by sohn 1 year ago
sohn
Don't confuse between belief and truth. They are like one implies other, if you believe something its true and vice versa. This belief and truth may change from person to person but both words cannot be separated.
Posted by Sdio 1 year ago
Sdio
If you are arguing the legitimacy of the Bible, you can't use the Bible as evidence.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
but is the bible truth or do you believe it is the truth?