Demontheses
puppyluvz

Atheism

Demontheses

Pro

What you don't understand is that atheists try to find the answrs of life without resorting to Questionable explanations( religion )
puppyluvz

Con

I will be glad to take this debate.
My opponent has started this debate with only one sentence. I will work with what I have which is not much.

Atheism is the questionable option for creation. This problem is this- atheists believe that everything was created from nothing. It's a scientific impossibility!

Please specify exactly what you believe. I am a Christian, so obviously I believe God created creation.
Demontheses

Pro

Please forgive the amount of my argument I was pushed for time. The concept of Atheism is to trust in what can be proven and to try and find an answer for what cannot be proven. Therefore I do not have an answer for your question of how the world started. What I can try and show you is why we choose not to believe in religion. We do not because to us the concept of a God is unbelievable and frightening, because the idea that someone has the power to shape your life repels us. We choose to believe that our actions are our own and our life belongs to ourselves. As for how the world began we take the most believable concept in our opinion. The most reasonable concept is one that has scientific proof behind it.
A God is not as reasonable because their are so many gods if God created the world then are there really 1 billion muslims that are mislead and deceived. So far the only proof in God is the Bible which has been proven to have some false concepts such as, Noah's Arch. If God were to appear before me and show me his will then I would change my life to better fit his ideals. Until then i will remain in my belief in a concept that has some more concrete evidence.
puppyluvz

Con

Here are some scientific facts that the bible proves.

THE BIBLE
(2,000–3,000 years ago)

The earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22).
Innumerable stars (Jeremiah 33:22).
Free float of earth in space (Job 26:7).
Each star is different (1 Corinthians 15:41).
Light moves (Job 38:19,20).
Air has weight (Job 28:25).
Winds blow in cyclones (Ecclesiastes 1:6).
Ocean contains springs (Job 38:16).

SCIENCE THEN

The earth was a flat disk.
Only 1,100 stars.
Earth sat on a large animal.
All stars were the same.
Light was fixed in place.
Air was weightless.
Winds blew straight.
Ocean fed only by rivers and rain.

SCIENCE NOW

The earth is a sphere.
Innumerable stars.
Free float of earth in space.
Each star is different.
Light moves.
Air has weight.
Winds blow in cyclones.
Ocean contains springs.

Thank you for stating what you believe exactly. I understand now.

"A God is not as reasonable because their are so many gods if God created the world then are there really 1 billion muslims that are mislead and deceived. So far the only proof in God is the Bible which has been proven to have some false concepts such as, Noah's Arch. If God were to appear before me and show me his will then I would change my life to better fit his ideals. Until then i will remain in my belief in a concept that has some more concrete evidence."

There are many things wrong with this argument.
1) Very few people still believe in many gods.
2) Muslims DO NOT believe in many gods- They believe in one God, Allah.
3) God gives signs everyday. When you ask to be forgiven to God from your sins and you truly mean it, he will send his holy spirit to live within you. Then you will know that everything is true.

I have already showed you many scientific facts that are in the bible that God knew. This proves there is a God because he wrote all these facts before people even knew about them in the bible.

Thank you for starting this debate.
Demontheses

Pro

Thank you for setting up your arguments in an organized way that will allow me to touch on the main points you spoke of.
I did not know that the Bible so accurately described science when such concepts were not even fathomed. I respect that the Bible was scientifically correct on many points. Please remember that I did not state that it was a completely false historical reference, what I did state was that some stories were false.
I have to apologize on your point that I stated Islam as a polytheistic religion. That was mere clerical error on my part. I am not ignorant of Islam I know of Muhammad the prophet and Allah his God. I strive to understand all religions so that I may understand my choice of Atheism.
What I am urging you to at least consider the possibility that The Bible was written by a highly intelligent group of scholars and learned men. That these men were living in a time when a peaceful and forgiving God inspires them. Note that the Bible does not include the theory of evolution which at the time is the most believed. Instead the Bible tells us that God created man, although one can argue that god created life and evolved into man. This was one point the Bible is not correct on and it happens to be a major one. Also Note that many Christians state that evolution is a fraud and the work of Satan.
What I am asking of you in your next posting is to be more specific of your third note of my mistakes: with evidence( sorry if I'm sounding a bit to insistent). I also ask that if you, I may or may not be correct, can believe in evolution as God's will, then how can others interpret God differently if you have the same God?
This has truly been an insightful debate. I did not know so much about Christianity before. I am also beginning to understand religion more although your chance of converting me is zill. Besides my Damnation is only a breath away.
puppyluvz

Con

"I did not know that the Bible so accurately described science when such concepts were not even fathomed. I respect that the Bible was scientifically correct on many points. Please remember that I did not state that it was a completely false historical reference, what I did state was that some stories were false."

Yes, well now you know. God knew what would happen and be discovered before it was even fathomed. The bible is very correct. I have never heard that any of it has been proved false.

"What I am urging you to at least consider the possibility that The Bible was written by a highly intelligent group of scholars and learned men. That these men were living in a time when a peaceful and forgiving God inspires them. Note that the Bible does not include the theory of evolution which at the time is the most believed. Instead the Bible tells us that God created man, although one can argue that god created life and evolved into man. This was one point the Bible is not correct on and it happens to be a major one. Also Note that many Christians state that evolution is a fraud and the work of Satan."

Evolution was not most believed at the time. Actually, most people were religious and believed in one God although some did believe in many Gods. Yes, God did create man. I don't see how you can say how the bible was not correct on this point. God created man. Evolution is certainly a fraud, but I don't believe it is the work of Satan. It is a fraud because there had to be a god to create man. The big bang theory makes no sense.

"I also ask that if you, I may or may not be correct, can believe in evolution as God's will, then how can others interpret God differently if you have the same God?"

I believe here you are talking about the many different religions there are in the world and how they all believe in mostly the same God. The answer is different religions have different ways of attempting to rid their adherents of sin and its consequences. They fast, pray, deny themselves legitimate pleasures, or chasten themselves, often to a point of inflicting pain. They do this because they have a concept of what they think God (or "the gods") is like, so they seek to establish their own righteousness, being "ignorant of God's righteousness." The Good News of the Christian faith is that no one need suffer the pains of religious works. Christ's blood can cleanse our conscience from the "dead works" of religion (Hebrews 9:14). Jesus took our punishment upon Himself, and He is the only One who can save us from sin and death.

"This has truly been an insightful debate. I did not know so much about Christianity before. I am also beginning to understand religion more although your chance of converting me is zill. Besides my Damnation is only a breath away."

Yes, it has been insightful. Thank you.

1. The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today. The Earth…its size is perfect. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter. The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.

2. "Chance" or "natural causes" are insufficient explanations. The alternative to God existing is that all that exists around us came about by natural cause and random chance. If someone is rolling dice, the odds of rolling a pair of sixes is one thing. But the odds of spots appearing on blank dice is something else. What Pasteur attempted to prove centuries ago, science confirms, that life cannot arise from non-life. Where did human, animal, plant life come from?
Also, natural causes are an inadequate explanation for the amount of precise information contained in human DNA. A person who discounts God is left with the conclusion that all of this came about without cause, without design, and is merely good fortune. It is intellectually wanting to observe intricate design and attribute it to luck.

3. To state with certainty that there is no God, a person has to ignore the passion of an enormously vast number of people who are convinced that there is a God. This is not to say that if enough people believe something it is therefore true…There is a much larger issue. Throughout history, billions of people in the world have attested to their firm, core convictions about God's existence arrived at from their subjective, personal relationship with God. Millions today could give detailed account of their experience with God. They would point to answered prayer and specific, amazing ways God has met their needs, and guided them through important personal decisions. They would offer, not only a description of their beliefs, but detailed reports of God's actions in their lives. Many are sure that a loving God exists and has shown himself to be faithful to them. If you are a skeptic, can you say with certainty: "I am absolutely right and they all are wrong about God"?

God uniquely accounts for the physical universe's beginning. According to scientific theory, the universe had a singular beginning about 14 billion years ago. All matter, energy, time, and space came into existence....OUT OF NOTHING! If you reject belief in God, how do you explain the universe's singular beginning? Some atheists insist that the universe came from nothing by no one. But this is not possible! There has to be a God! The big bang theory is a scientific impossibility. Everything cannot come from nothing!

I pray that all of you can recognize Jesus Christ as your savior and put your trust in God.
VOTE CON!

References
1. http://www.everystudent.com...
2. www.thewayofthemaster.com
Posted by Nail_Bat 7 years ago
Nail_Bat
I'd surely have to concede if this were a debate round, but I feel the comments section should be a place for everyday speech and not a place for strict boolean logic. In everyday speech, "none" and "an insanely small amount" are used interchangeably, as are "all" and "an overwhelming majority".
Posted by Demosthenes.colmin 7 years ago
Demosthenes.colmin
lol probably true but I like to think of my self as a realist not a loon.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
Actually, there are atheists who believe it... but they are an insanely small (and probably just insane) minority of actual atheists. A few in theoretical physics departments, most in the looney bin :)
Demosthenes.colmin
puppyluvs
I am demontheses and unfortunately my computer broke down so I lost my Password. Don't ask how. I would like to continue our debate and if you wish to challenge me.
Posted by Demontheses 7 years ago
Demontheses
In response to Nail_Bat I would like to pose a question. Can you as one person judge and speak for an entire social group? Unless you happen to be friends with every Atheist in the world please refrain from speaking in Absolutes.
Posted by Nail_Bat 7 years ago
Nail_Bat
No, not one atheist in the universe believes that.
Posted by puppyluvz 7 years ago
puppyluvz
Well, most atheists do believe this, but some are different.
Posted by Nail_Bat 7 years ago
Nail_Bat
You uh...keep believing that about atheists, puppyluvz...
Vote Placed by puppyluvz 6 years ago
puppyluvz
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied
Vote Placed by zach12 7 years ago
zach12
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied
Vote Placed by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied
Vote Placed by NOK_Domination 7 years ago
NOK_Domination
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied
Vote Placed by Mike430522 7 years ago
Mike430522
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied
Vote Placed by fanusc101 7 years ago
fanusc101
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied
Vote Placed by KRFournier 7 years ago
KRFournier
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied
Vote Placed by stormchaser221 7 years ago
stormchaser221
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied
Vote Placed by sorc 7 years ago
sorc
DemonthesespuppyluvzTied