prodigyinmathandscience
vekoma123

"Atheists and Satanists are working on the same side"

prodigyinmathandscience

Con

Rules

If either Pro or I fail to comply with the following rules, 7 points will automatically be deducted from that person.

1. No plagiarizing; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

2. You may only troll when things get completely out of hand.

3. The BoP (Burden of Proof) is shared.

Presentation

Satanists believe that a monotheistic, christian god exists. However, they worship SATAN, as an Atheist lacks belief in a god/gods until evidence is provided to support the claim/validly follow the conclusion that the claim is true.

Although some Atheists (Just like some Satan followers) abolish God, they don't work EXACTLY on the same side!
vekoma123

Pro

I take your debate,

I do not believe they are working on the same side exactly. Satanists associate with worship of 'Satan', while Athiests do not believe in a higher power regardless, whether it be 'God' or 'Satan'. Two different lifestyles, two different belief systems. The only thing I can say is that yes, they do not wish to associate themselves with the biblical 'God', but then again, they don't have the same opinions on a deity.
prodigyinmathandscience

Con

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate! :)

(If you have "Zoom" downloaded, feel free to debate me LIVE! (I will only record the audio portion, meaning your face won't be exposed, but will also alter your voice for the sake of anonimity)

Rebuttals

"I do not believe they are working on the same side exactly. Satanists associate with worship of 'Satan', while Athiests do not believe in a higher power regardless, whether it be 'God' or 'Satan'. Two different lifestyles, two different belief systems."

Yes. Like said, Satanists believe that a monotheistic, christian God exists. However, they worship SATAN, while Atheists simply lack belief in the claims of any gods until evidence is provided to support the claim/validly follow the conclusion that their claims are true, thus not working exactly on the same side.

It seems like you've already conceded, seeing as you even say YOURSELF that they don't work exactly on the same side.

"The only thing I can say is that yes, they do not wish to associate themselves with the biblical 'God',"

Yes. However, they don't have the same EXACT opinions on deities, like you have admitted, thus conceding to loss.
vekoma123

Pro

My apologies actually, it seems like I didn't read it correctly. To me, it seemed like you were supporting this argument.

I don't think there's any point in continuing this considering that it was a misunderstanding,
prodigyinmathandscience

Con

I accept your apology, Pro. Don't feel so guilty about the misunderstanding; Honestly, I don't mind. I would like to debate you again, but on a different topic, if we disagree.
vekoma123

Pro

Sounds fine, I'm not if there's a way to remove this debate, but oh well xD
prodigyinmathandscience

Con

xD A'ight. I guess it's now up to the voters.
Posted by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
Satanism is usually seen out of context. The worship of Satan is often akin to the worship of Prometheus as a liberator from the tyranny of "God". So in the perspective of Satanist's, God is the true malevolent force in the world! While Satan actually has our best interests in heart. However this piggyback off of the myth of the fallen angel. Where Lucifer fell do to his disgust with "God's favorites" (us) So it does not make sense to believe that the bible is real while following "the trickster" into the lake of fire! Atheist on the other hand believe that God, Lucifer and Prometheus are mythological and inconsequential to our existence!I thought I would clear that up!
Posted by prodigyinmathandscience 3 years ago
prodigyinmathandscience
Also, if you choose to debate me live: Please don't be a coward; I have debated people live, yet they'll ignore my criticism/scutiny and still claim what they deem true due to their fear of completely losing the debate.
prodigyinmathandscience
anonymity*
prodigyinmathandscience
anonimity))*
Posted by seriouslywewantchange 3 years ago
seriouslywewantchange
What if atheists just dont know what to believe so instead of picking now they are waiting till more knowledge is known about this situation.
Personally, I'm a christian dating an atheist and he is not a satanist ... Just confused and would never want to jeopardize a possible future without the proper knowledge. What if there is a just god that isn't considered a christian god. Im not saying i believe this but I cant say hes wrong for believing it.
Vote Placed by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
prodigyinmathandsciencevekoma123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: These two points are simply to tie the score so a win/loss is not taken by either party on a misunderstanding. If a moderator feels this vote should be removed, I encourage them to do so.
Vote Placed by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
prodigyinmathandsciencevekoma123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I recently did the same thing as pro and assumed that the instigator created the topic with the illusion of being pro. Either way this debate needs to have a proper back and forth to be awarded points!
Vote Placed by TheAmazingAtheist1 3 years ago
TheAmazingAtheist1
prodigyinmathandsciencevekoma123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: CONDUCT: Pro conceded, thus receiving this. ARGUMENTS: However, since Pro conceded, Con rightfully receives arguments.