Black-Jesus
jesusismywarrior

Atheists are evil

jesusismywarrior has forfeited round #2.

Black-Jesus

Con

My opponent will argue that all atheists are evil and I will negate his claim. The burden of proof is on my opponent because he is making the positive claim. I wish my opponent good luck in the ensuing rounds.

Structure
Round 1: Acceptance/Opening Statements
Round 2: Opening Arguments/No Rebuttals
Round 3: Further Arguments/Rebuttals
Round 4: Further Rebuttals/Closing Statements

Opening Statements
My opponent claims that all atheists are evil. This will be remarkably easy to refute and I hope my audience sees why. With that said, I'd like to thank the audience for taking time out of their day to consider this debate and hope they will actually vote.
jesusismywarrior

Pro

I accept the debate, and I am quite eager to see your arguments. May the best argument prevail.
Black-Jesus

Con

Opening Arguments

Me
Since my opponent claims that utterly all atheists are evil, all I must do is merely point to an atheists who isn't. And so, in the interest of keeping my points brief to accommodate more rebuttals, I will sum this up quickly.

I, myself am an atheist, and I am not evil. I lead a fairly average life. I have never been accused or convicted of any crime, misdemeanor or felony, and any crime I've actually committed has never exceeded misdemeanor classification. I've never killed a person, I've never raped a person, I've never injured a person (on purpose). I often give to charity. By most standard, secular opinions, I am a perfectly average person, morally speaking. But enough about me, let's get to real evidence.

Atheists and Philanthropy

Such as the top three philanthropists of America (Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, and George Soros) are atheists, and before them, one of the leading philanthropists of the country was Andrew Carnegie, who was known to be an atheist.(1)

Atheists and Crime
Atheists made up 0.07% of the American prison population in 2013(2), but 7% of the actual American population in 2014.(3)

Atheists and Violence
A page can be found in the sources ranking each nation in the world by death rates by violence. Notice that most of the nations with least violence rates are also the nations with the highest atheism rates.

Source(s)
(1): http://ieet.org...;
(2): http://www.alternet.org...
(3): http://www.pewresearch.org...
Atheists and violence: http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com...
Posted by Black-Jesus 3 months ago
Black-Jesus
*cited
Posted by Black-Jesus 3 months ago
Black-Jesus
The thing is about using religious arguments is religion hasn't been proven, so it can't be sited as fact.
Posted by jmdt 3 months ago
jmdt
Every body in the world will say they are not evil. Mainly because of pride and the changed definition of evil. Evil behavior can be thought of as falling into two categories: evil committed against other people (murder, theft, adultery) and evil committed against God (unbelief, idolatry, blasphemy). Many people are not guilty of theft murder and adultery, but we have all committed evil against each other in lying, thinking murderous thoughts or wishing bad against another. The second no one can say that they have not done either. Putting anything before God in life is idolatry and is evil and can lead to unbelief and blasphemy. Everyone is evil, by both ignoring God and our own selfish ways against others.
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
theists are atheists
Posted by Bremners 3 months ago
Bremners
Ok, I am a Christian but I do not agree all atheists are evil. If you take it to an ultraconservative and fundamental Christian view, you can say that not believing in God is a sin but I don't believe that they are all evil, judging the actions. Some are evil for sure but some Christians have gone loopy and psychotic. So much for being a Christian.
Posted by foxxhajti 3 months ago
foxxhajti
Is this a joke loool?
Posted by Cgbra 3 months ago
Cgbra
Do you seriously think every single person that doesn't believe in god is evil? Perhaps they value logic over a book written by a lunatic thousands of years ago.
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
we need another surgery here.
Posted by jesusismywarrior 3 months ago
jesusismywarrior
It's not a stupid claim.
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
you just need to believe i gave you a telepathic surgery for you to stop making stupid claims