adeade45
anonymouswho

Athiesm(Pro) Vs Religon(Con)

adeade45

Pro

First I would like to say I don't say Theist because I have not fully read the Qur'an, Torah, Etc. Now opening round is acceptence as always and 2nd round is stating arguments. 3rd is for rebuttling previous arguments and 4th is the an argument-rebuttal and closing statements. All I'm looking for is a Christian that wont wimp out in the middle of the debate.
anonymouswho

Con

I will accept your debate. I'm a Christian who has read the Scriptures and study them deeply in their original languages. I will use the Authorized KJV with a Strong's Concordance when necessary. My beliefs are by no means orthodox, however, I believe I have been given a very clear understanding of Scripture. My only request is that there be no contradicting arguments made. Titus 1:9 says for us to use "sound words" and "to exhort and to convince the gainsayers." The Greek literally says "to refute those that contradict", so if I should make a contradicting statement, please expose it. Also I would like a clear idea of your own beliefs, whether it be science or anything else. You have already declared yourself an "atheist", therefore ignorance is not an option, as that would make you agnostic. I assure you I won't "wimp out". I've been wrong about several things and will admit when I'm wrong. Thank you and God bless you.
adeade45

Pro

adeade45 forfeited this round.
anonymouswho

Con

Unfortunately my contender has forfeited the first round. I assume I must give my opening arguments first. Well here goes...

Cause and Effect
Both Science and Logic teach us that there are fundamental Laws that govern the universe. These Laws include Gravity, Physics, Thermodynamics, and my personal favorite, Cause and Effect. All of these Laws work in perfect accordance with one another, holding the universe together in perfect unity. If one of these Laws should be false, reality as we know it would cease to exist and the world would be thrust into an eternal state of chaos. Imagine that Gravity should cease to exist. Planets, stars, and whole galaxies would collide and collapse. However, because there is surely something holding the universe together (I call Him God but you may call it Gravity), we can be sure that whether we die decades from now or in the next minute, our lives will be governed by the effects of Gravity. I'm sure very few people deny that these Laws exist, but one Law in particular seems to be neglected the most, and this is Cause and Effect. The Theologian denies Cause and Effect when they claim we have some fabled "free will". The Atheist denies Cause and Effect when they claim that the universe, the Earth, life, human intelligence, atoms, molecules, energy, ect... all came about without any sort of "Cause". God IS the Great Cause of everything.

I don't have much more space, so in my next post we can discuss topics such as the complexity of life, DNA, and other 'miraculous' Truths that not only point towards a higher being, but based on the Laws of Logic, prove there must be the God. However, you were explicit that you desired to discuss this with a Christian, so I assume it is the Christian God you hope to convince us is false.

The biggest so called 'problem' people have with the Christian God is the existence of evil. The Theologian will tell you that God didn't create evil, but rather mankind's "free will" is the cause of all suffering. They say that free will is the reason why you will be held responsible for all the sins of the world if you refuse to believe, and their god will subject you to "eternal tortue" in order to satisfy his all encompassing wrath. This is in direct conflict with numerous Scripture. In Isaiah 45:7 God tells us

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make
peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these
things ."

God is the Creator of absolutely everything. He made the Garden of Eden, put man in the Garden, put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the very middle of the Garden, then created the Serpent specifically to deceive Eve. He is the Cause of everything that happens, whether it be infinitely good or temporarily evil. However, thanks be to God alone, for He has given us the means by which ALL people shall be saved. I don't have any space left so in my next post I will discuss this much deeper.

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw
ALL men unto me." John 14:16
adeade45

Pro

adeade45 forfeited this round.
anonymouswho

Con

anonymouswho forfeited this round.
adeade45

Pro

adeade45 forfeited this round.
anonymouswho

Con

anonymouswho forfeited this round.