TheStruggles
Duncan

Autobots V.S. Decepticons?

Duncan

TheStruggles

Pro

Before you start, this debate is about whether the Autobots or the Decepticons would win, not about how they look like or your favorite iron giant. I'm talking about a FULLSCALE battle between the two factions! Every bot alive, every weapon they were created with, and I vote for the Decepticons!
Duncan

Con

I am unsure as whether you want me to use this round as acceptance or not, to be safe, I will make the first move in favor of the Autobots. If this is full out war, like that in War for Cybertron or Fall of Cybertron, the Autobots have a certain advantage that the Decepticons have always lacked. Megatron must directly command his troops or they collapse without him, as Starscream is permanently attempting to usurp his role as leader, and though he fails, he hasn't been put down yet as he still serves as second in command after millions of years of treacherous service.

The space fleets of the Decepticons under Starscream's command will most likely divide among the two main decepticons, and it's been shown that even the biggest Decepticons like Trypticon can fall to Optimus. Megatron and Optimus are permanently matched throughout the series, having Dark Energon and the Cybertron Core as powers respectively.
It's always been suggested that the two sides have been evenly matched, or at least the uncooperative nature of the Decepticons has weakened them to that point. But this is the nature of the Decepticons, always insulting and fighting one another. I would have gone on to name special powerful autobots like Metroplex or Omega Supreme, but the real conclusion to the war is a pyrrhic victory for the Autobots, after the Decepticons have torn themselves apart internally and the autobot and dark energon threats wipe them out, but at heavy costs. I'll see you next round.
TheStruggles

Pro

That is true! Decepticons lack teamwork, morale, and a good leader. To make up for those flaws, Decepticons are better trained than Autobots. They don't follow loyalty and morals and do whatever they need to win. For example, in the first Transformers movie, Optimus was beating Megatron, but then Hotshot got himself mixed in and while Optimus was distracted, Megatron shot him right at the chest! The Decepticons have better weaponry, nature, and disguise. Most Decepticons can fly, while Autobots needed jetpacks and the only bots that could fly were only the aerial bots, whcih only consisted of about 5 to 7 bots, compared to the hundreds of Decepticons, and Jetfire. No Autobot except Blaster could have mass shifted. Decepticons could mass shift; Megatron transforms into a giant P38 and I heard that there another Decepticon that could've fit Devastator transformed inside him! Half of the Decepticons are military vehicles, I think. If that's true, than think about it; a war between a bunch of luxury cars and tanks and jets, what would be the outcome? We also have The Fallen bent on revenge for the Autobots blood, or oil :P. That's all the time I have for today. See you later!
Duncan

Con

Hey! You said leave out the Micheal Bay stuff! The Fallen is MB only, never appearing in the canonical transformers universe. I no longer hold much interest in Transformers, but I did acquire a copy of War for Cybertron and and Fall of Cybertron. In these prequels to the transformers series which explain the origin of the Autobots and Decepticons, who have been literally fighting for millions of years, long before they turned into human vehicles. The T Cog allows a transformers to change as they see fit, and any transformer could change to another shape their size, only that they find the form they use most favorable. The vehicular part never really amounts to much either, as a legged robot can clear rough battlefield with ease compared to any car or tank. Most battle end up with both sides in robot form as well. Megatron, the most powerful decepticon was even slain by Metroplex in Fall of Cybertron, ressurrected by Soundwave later. Megatron constantly dies throughout the series, being revived, but put down again and again. In an all out war, there would be none to revive him, since only the autobots bother with medical transformers like Ratchet. Megatron has always seen those who need repair unworthy of life, which is why he could never support a full scale war. I will see you next round.

Duncan.
TheStruggles

Pro

Hmm... I heard the Fallen created the Decepticons, but i guess it wasn't true. Anyways, Megatron had to be beat down 4 times by Metroplex and despite being pummeled by a gigantic robot fist, he was still shooting! That just shows how strong and determined Megatron is. Optimus also died and had to be revived many times. Optimus died from his infamous battle with Megatron and had to be revived in the cartoon movie, revived from a kiss (the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard), ressurected by the zodiac in return of the convoy, almost died by Megatron's fusion cannon in generation two, died by a bomb-equipped pod because Megatron sealed him inside of it in Beast wars, died from Megatron's hydra cannon and killed by Unicron in the armada cartoon and comic, killed by Megazarak in the Cybertron comics, I'm not sure if this counts, but Megatron killed Optimus in Transformers: The Game by smashing his head with his flail, killed by Starscream in the animated cartoon, and was blown up in the Decepticon Fortress in the Prime cartoon. I know that Megatron would have died many times in an all-scale war, but this just shows that Optimus also has many chances of dying, along with his medical transformers. What i'm saying is that there wouldn't be any enough medics to revive most autobots that had fallen.
Duncan

Con

True, Optimus has been defeated as well, but the Autobots actually use medics more frequently, and are more cooperative and loyal than their deceptive counterparts. If Optimus was to fall in the field of battle, a medic bot such as ratchet would go to retrieve him, while the others would be motivated to fight much harder. If megatron is killed, Starscream would immeadiatly object to his revival and attempt to usurp his role. This would lead to a split in the Decepticons, and all the while, the Autobots can heal their own. The simple idea of order and cooperation has always been the key theme of Transformers; that the Decepticons try to use brute force, while the Autobots enlist the help of those the Decepticons consider weak. And if Megatron's power ever came into question, many of his soldiers would convert to whichever side was more powerful.
TheStruggles

Pro

If Optimus Prime was horribly injured or dead, the Decepticons would also fight fiercely. If both leaders were down, Megatron would probably be revived by Unicron, turn into Galvatron and throw Starscream off his temporary throne. If Megatron's power was questioned, there would be other leaders to take over, such as Straxus and Megazarak although this possiblity is low because Megatron is intelligent. He plans ahead of time in both the cartoons and comics.
Duncan

Con

You forget that the Autobots fight out of loyalty, the Decepticons because they think Megatron will reward them. You still forget about city sized Metroplex, as while Megatron and three others could bring down Omega Supreme, Metroplex then killed Megatron in Fall of Cybertron. What of Trypticon his deceptive counterpart? Defeated by Optimus Ironhide and Bumblebee.

And if Megatron was going to fire Starscream, he'd have done it a long time ago. Like, freaking millions of years ago, because the transformers series' take place over thousands of years. Soundwave constantly hears of Starscream's new plans, and although turning into a boombox, doesn't record this and return to Megatron, even though he revives him in T. P. Overall, an all out war would be fairly evenly matched, aside from a few extra massive autobots. In the end, the autobots unity would lead to Megatron's defeat on Earth with the aid of humans, as they are an ally of the autobots who stand for protection of those Megatron considers weak.

Duncan.
TheStruggles

Pro

TheStruggles forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

And this is an anti climactic finish to the debate. I trust that my opponent is merely bogged down with work of some kind, so I will sum up my arguments here.

The autobots have a greater unity than the decepticons and do not stage mutinies like their counterparts. They also feature larger and more powerful bots, and while the battle would be a close one, the autobots would stand victorious in the end as the decepticons would fall apart without their leader, unlike the autobots. See you next debate,

Duncan.
Posted by TheStruggles 3 years ago
TheStruggles
Sorry Duncan. I couldn't get back in time to continue round 5. Anyways, I still side with the Decepticons with this.
Posted by TheStruggles 3 years ago
TheStruggles
Yeah... so I have to edit this debate a bit. One, I don't know every decepticon bot lol. Two, I think I may have put too much time... and three, please confirm you've seen this message!
Posted by Duncan 3 years ago
Duncan
I will accept if you open the criteria. I agree that MB has no place here either. Suitable sources are the original cartoon, the new cartoon, Transformers Prime and the War and Fall of Cybertron games. Let's go.
Posted by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
The movies are part of the franchise; you have to include them.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
TheStrugglesDuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was actually one of the best debates I have seen on DDO. And I did not expect that. Each side was directly, clashed with her/his opponent, and provided great offense and defense. Great job! Con did win at the very end, and it was a little anticlimactic. I would have had a hard time if you both debated all the way through. A hearty and sincere congratulations on a debate well done!