iaminneedofhelp
78iamhere

Automatic and semi-automatic guns should be banned in the USA

iaminneedofhelp

Pro

The first round is acceptance!
Ok, I am arguing that 'auto and semi-auto guns should be banned in the US'. If you are going to accept this debate please choose the side to keep guns legal, NOT banning guns altogether.
Please only use proven facts/statistics along with referable sources.
First round is acceptance and resolution stating.
If you wish to add/change rules please say under your resolution.
Good luck!
78iamhere

Con

I except your challenge. As a Southern conservative and believer in Southern independence and self reliance from government, I believe this will be a good opportunity to defend my God given rights to own a whatever gun I want. Self defense is a right and I believe if politicians become corrupt, it is the right of the people to defend themselves from them.

Since you did not make your first argument yet, I will pass and let you begin in round two. Good luck, God bless, and may the Confederacy rise again.
iaminneedofhelp

Pro

iaminneedofhelp forfeited this round.
78iamhere

Con

78iamhere forfeited this round.
iaminneedofhelp

Pro

Ok,
Sorry for forfeiting the last round.
In 2012 over 16 mass shootings happened all over the USA causing it to gain the nickname 'The Year of the Gun'. With a powerful one in Connecticut where 26 people died, 18 of them were children and 6 adults, this debate should be a no brainer. Adam Lanza shot his mother in the head 8 times with a rifle before taking her guns and going down to the elementary school. He shot his way in, killed the principal and secretary before going ahead to kill 18 children" How can this be regarded to be OK in anyway? This boy had an assault rifle thought to be the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. This killed 26 INNOCENT people. If these guns were bolt action then these things wouldn"t happen. Can I ask you, being a Briton, why you need semi-auto/fully automatic weapons? When hunting, only a bolt action rifle is required. Down at the range, once again, only a bolt action is required. Why would anybody need more than a bolt action? Semi/full automatic guns are not needed anywhere, they just cause chaos.
78iamhere

Con

78iamhere forfeited this round.
iaminneedofhelp

Pro

iaminneedofhelp forfeited this round.
78iamhere

Con

78iamhere forfeited this round.
Posted by 78iamhere 2 years ago
78iamhere
If all guns were banned in the US, how would you protect yourself from a home invasion? Suppose your family was hold up by a drunken-crazed sex offender (God forbid) and the police were backed up by another serious issue in another part of town and couldn't help you. What would you do, negotiate?

Some criminals just enjoy hurting others. You can only stop force with force. And the fact that your dependent on the police proves that. But would you really give that kind of responsibility to corrupt city bureaucrats?

Think about that my friends.
Posted by i_know_all_and_i_will_win 2 years ago
i_know_all_and_i_will_win
All guns should be banned in the US